Hot Chocolate (F/F)

The days were transitioning to be shorter, the weather was starting to get colder, it's Ju-Kyung's favorite season: fall! The seasonal drinks that would make their way into cafés along with festive clothes always made Ju-Kyung smile. Ever since she was a small child, she could feel the happiness radiate from herself whenever she realized that fall finally fell over. Her and her mom would get hot chocolate first thing in the morning when it was the first day of fall, and it was their secret tradition.

That was until Ju-Kyung hit high school. Her mother stopped taking her to the local café for hot chocolate and other treats, since it was time for her to "grow out of it." Ever since then, she's tried to get herself back into the habit of going there, yet it never worked. Until she met her girlfriend, and best friend, Sujin Kang. After a brief conversation about fall plans while four months into their relationship, it was decided that the two would try to maintain the tradition.

"Are we gonna go today?" Said Sujin as she held Ju-Kyung's hand, walking with her through the front doors of the school.

"I think we should finally go. I've-"

"We've."

"...Been putting it off to the side for what seems like ever, so let's just do it."

— — — — — —

The sweet smell of coffee invaded the girl's noses once they walked into the establishment. They went up to the register and simply ordered themselves a drink and a few snacks before sitting in a booth.

"No wonder your mom took you to this place so much. It's so nice."

"It's just an ordinary café Sujin, nothing special."

"But it is special. It was your favorite place, wasn't it?"

"...Yeah, it was my favorite place. But, unfortunately, things change and, so do people."

"Mhm, indeed we do."

After talking for a good ten minutes, their small order was right in front of them. Ju-Kyung had gotten a milkshake and Sujin had a sweet tea, along with their choice of snacks.

"Mmm, this is delicious..."

"It really is..."