Born For This (part 5)

I did not want to be anywhere near them anymore, I was still crying from the image in my mind of all of Alexis' friends laughing at me, so I walked all the way to the other side of the stadium and pulled out my cell phone. I had to scroll through my contacts to see if there was anyone who cared enough about me to drive all the way to Milwaukee to save me from this place. I could not call my parents, they were bowling and I could not embarrass myself anymore by calling them. My sister never answers her phone, and I do not believe she would care enough about me to come get me. My closest friend's, Lauren, parents do not like me very much, and to find out that I am at a "gothic" concert stranded would not help. Not to mention, she is most likely asleep already and would not answer.

There were not many options I saw for me. Joshua really was my only way home. How could he just leave like that, knowing that I needed him? What exactly did he tell his dad when he got in the car? Olivia isn't coming because she ran away. What kind of father would just leave? Because now guess what, I'm strande

I sat down, angry and the fact that they'd seriously just leave me here. I looked through my contacts again and this time the name "Aqua" stuck out at me. Aqua and I have been friends since the 3rd grade and lived in the same neighborhood. Her mother was very fond of me because she saw me as a good influence on Aqua. I know that Aqua has been stranded before and her mother did everything she could to go get her, so maybe she'd do the same for me. I looked at the time and it read 10:12. It was late and I felt terrible for waking everyone up, but I didn't see much else of a choice, so I dialed her number. We'd been friends so long I knew it from memory. It rang for almost a minute before I gave up. She didn't answer.

Now came the hardest part, I had to call my parents. I didn't want to have to embarrass myself tonight anymore than I already had but I didn't seem much more of a choice. They were my only option left. My lip began to tremble as I looked at my phone. How was I going to explain all this? 'Where is Joshua' they will ask. 'Why isn't he with you' they will ask. How can I possible explain that?

I felt myself regenerate more tears. I didn't want to be asked anymore questions. But I had no choice. I picked up my phone and went to dial. Just as I was about to dial an incoming call from Aqua appeared on my screen.