Born For This (part 3)

As we walked to our seats we were joking about the extreme gothic clothing, black make-up overloads, and disgusting piercing we were seeing on the people around us. The way we were laughing and having such a great time already made me think today really could turn out well. Then someone yelled his name from behind us. It sounded like a girl, so we both turned around to see who it came from. We looked all around and saw nothing. He stared at me puzzled and we turned around and kept walking. Then we heard footsteps behind us, and his name was called again. We turned around to be looking at Alexis Bones.

Alexis Bones is that girl who when you first see her you’d think she’s very shy, but as you get to know her more you realize she’s not even close. She’s the party type; the girl who drinks and parties all night long. She dyes her hair a lot, too, and I don’t mean like blonde and black I mean like red, pink, purple, blue, and currently, white. And not only is she the crazy party girl that every guy likes, she the girl who has stolen a few of the guys I’ve liked.

Including Joshua.

Alexis and Joshua dated a few months ago. It didn’t end well, though. They dated for only a month, but Joshua is one of the few guys in the world who fall as fast as the typical girl. After only a week he began to think he was in love with her. He gave everything to her and then one day, she decided she liked someone else just a little bit more. In fact, she told him, in text message believe it or not, that she had feelings for someone else and thought they’d work better as friends.

Can you imagine the kind of pain he felt? I couldn’t.

But I was still his friend then, too, so as much as I hated to see him the way he was after their awful break up, I had to be there for him. I was the only one who knew he still had feelings for her. The feelings never ended, but they were slowing going away everyday as he met more people, until that day.

“What are you doing here?” Joshua says in an excited voice.

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” Alexis replied then glances at me for a split second.

Awkward silence.

“I’m here with Kota and a few others.” Kota was the guy she broke up with Joshua for, “We’re all going to the Bullet For My Valentine concert.”

“So am I!” Joshua says, completely ignoring me.  

“Great. My big brother saved some amazing seats if you want to come sit with us you can.” I remember Joshua saying yes and then walking over by Kota and the rest of them. He and Alexis never motioned for me to come too so I awkwardly followed without knowing what else to do.  

While we sat and some stood around our seats Alexis and Joshua talked away. It felt like hours that neither of them even bother to look at me. I sat next to him on my phone to seem as though I didn’t care that he wasn’t talking to me because I had something else to do. Inside I just wanted to say hey, remember me? I’m the one you came here with. The one you were having such a great time with until she came. Remember that? Because I did.

When I got awfully bored I tuned into their conversation.

“So, how have you and Kota been?” Joshua asks innocently.

“We were okay.”

“What do you mean you were?”

“Well everything was working out well, at least I thought it was, and then he just woke up one morning and decided he didn’t care about me anymore.” Gosh, doesn’t that sound familiar

“Are you saying…?” Joshua hesitates

“Yes, Joshy, we aren’t dating anymore.”

That’s when everyone in the stadium begin to scream.