DESOLATUM IV

"CALE HENITUSE."

The frantic cry tore the eerie silence. Kim Rok Soo stood in the middle of the road. People glared at him. People turning their back on him. People walked past him as if he didn't exist. They continue to pass by him. Gone is the cold ambiance of divinity. There stood a Cale before he besotted that rage and fury.

He stood there blankly, staring at the dark road below his feet. The cold taps of footsteps disappeared as darkness swallowed him whole.

[don't leave me.]

He could hear a voice. Voice pleading with whatever he lost and hoped to find again.

[please save me]

But... whatever is thrown away... can never come back.

[look at me please]

The moment one finds the courage to give up life for someone would be the moment to understand love.

[please... I beg you... please love me..]

Even though that love couldn't be reciprocated no matter how much someone pleaded.

Cale Henituse can die anytime... but living takes all true courage.

The vision of a lonely back displayed before him. Trembling shoulder, small body cowering in misery.

[it's so hard... living that is.]

*tap* *tap*.

The sound of footsteps echoed. Kim Rok Soo didn't bother himself to look. He just listened for he knew even in his dreams, people will pass by him.

[Cale.]

The deep soulful voice called his name with adoration. Kim Rok Soo couldn't help but raise his head and look at the man standing before him from a distance. He couldn't see anything on his face, just the bright light brown eyes that looked like molten gold shining in the dark. A gentle smile plastered over the man's face as if he was waiting for him to approach.

The gaze was warm and comfortable. Presence of this man was arrogant but Kim Rok Soo couldn't hate him. He had the presence of mind as if he was liberated from the world.

He stood there looking at the man whose hands reached out like an offering.

Kim Rok Soo contemplated whether to reach out but the illusory Cale Henituse run towards the man with a bright smile on his face. He was like waiting for this man to appear. He had a smile on his face but the strong tug on his arms forced him to face the golden-haired man.

He looks back toward the villain-like man. His heart stammered with unbearable pain. The man was standing at a distance with a lost expression. The man had two visible lines of tears on his cheeks. He was looking at his offered hand with a bitter smile as he shook his head. Kim Rok Soo could feel his throat burning. He was shouting something but he couldn't hear his voice. He could only watch the man in despair, clenching his fists tightly as he placed them on his chest.

Kim Rok Soo pushed the golden-haired man aside, running towards the man losing control over his power.

*drip* *drip* he was stopped all of a sudden. A skeleton was holding him in his place. He stared at them, he stared at the cold bloodied mountain of corpses under his feet. He raises his head to gaze at the man but *plop*, he felt the familiar weight on his shoulders and the wide back he's embracing right now. The scent of rusty blood mingled with the light tequila scent tinged with oakwood.