VERBUM I

"He's not here." Cale looked outside the window of the palace room. A long-suffering sigh escaped his mouth. It's been a week since he last saw Reves and a week since he first entered the palace.

He was supposed to have a room next to the crown prince's room when he first arrived. He turned down the offer and requested a room on the farthest side of the room. He was disgusted. It was as if he didn't want to see the prince for the first time. Cale's instincts are cowering in the face of the prince, but he refuses to give in.

He desired to be free.

He desired to be set free.

. Several knocks on the door echoed. He didn't bother to straighten up, so the person waiting outside helped himself in.

It was the prince. He was the last person he wanted to see.

"Cale."

"Your Highness."

He stared at him coldly. The alpha's pheromones gradually filled the room. Cale, who has yet to enter his heat, covered his nose. He can sense pheromones despite not yet being a fully mature omega.

. Alver appears to notice his actions and reclaims his pheromones. Cale sat on the chair after watching him open the window.

"How have you been?" the prince softly asked.

Cale coldly looked at him and replied, "fine."

There were times when he refused to answer or arrogantly answered with a word. Alver didn't say anything, although his actions were quite disrespectful.

"That's... good to hear." The alpha's voice sounded like a whisper. Cale didn't bother looking at him and just stared out the window. He had long been used to staring out the window.

If you need or want anything, please tell me.

"Freedom," Cale softly said.

The soft rustles came to a stop. Cale didn't look at him; instead, he stared out the window without saying anything.

"Cale!"

"Hey..." he finally turned to Alver, "Want to become a king?"

The prince's surprised expression amused him, "I'll make you king."

"I don't need it," Alver replied.

"Bullshit." Cale harshly said, "wasn't this marriage all to obtain power? who are you lying to, Your highness?"

The Prince's bitter expression was truly a sight. Cale smiled at him. He looked about to go far away.

"Cale Henituse..."

Cale called. He remembered the painful exchange of words and the regretful emotions of believing in love. "I don't need your love or anything else. I want my freedom."

Away from them.

Away from the people who once hurt him.

"And what? Are you going to grieve and take care of some grave..."

Cale stopped, grieving. What now?

"Are you going to that person? What was he called again, Reves?"

Alver had a bitter smile on his face. "Why?" his voice sounded hurt, "Why can't you even forgive us?"

"There's nothing to forgive..." Cale honestly replied.

"I know you hated us, but..."

"Who said I hate you?" Cale snarled. "It's not you... I hate... I hate myself the most."