First Day of School

My mom and I had spent the last few days buying furniture, paint, clothes, shoes, and decorating. By Sunday I was completely done decorating. My bedroom walls were now painted a lavender purple color. I also had a desk with a chair, a flat screen tv, a nightstand, and a comfy couch with a coffee table in front of it.

Unfortunately it is monday now which means i have to go to school. I just woke up and my stomach was demanding food. I threw off my light purple comforter (I really like purple btw) and hopped out of bed. I slipped on my robe and fluffy white slippers before heading downstairs.

Thankfully my mom wasn't in the kitchen so I didn't have to start an awkward conversation with her. This past week we haven't had any fights but that's probably because we haven't seen much of each other. We were always busy decorating our own parts of the house. Although we did have to go shopping with each other to buy all the stuff but that was ok because we were always talking about the furniture. My mom seemed to be trying her hardest to play nice which was actually starting to freak me out but since she was putting effort into it so was I.

I grabbed a bowl before walking into the pantry to get my cereal. After pouring the cereal into my bowl I got the milk out of the fridge and added it to my bowl. I sat down on a barstool with my spoon and quickly ate my breakfast.

As soon as I was done I ran back upstairs to my bedroom to get ready. I brushed my teeth then jumped into the shower. I really didn't want to be known as the girl who went to school stinking her first day. When I got out of the shower I wrapped my towel around me then went to my closet to decide what to wear. I finally decided on a pair of dark red skinny jeans with a white crew neck sweater shirt with a black tank top underneath it ( A/N I don't really need to tell you guys that she put her underwear and bra on right just in case if you need to know she did ). I went back to my bathroom and blow dried my long hair before curling my waves and putting a black beanie on top of my head. I did my make up lightly to go for a more natural look. Satisfied with my appearance in the mirror I finished my look with my black and white converse.

On my way down stairs I picked up my simple black backpack that said in white writing VANS. It was pretty light since I only had a folder, a notebook, a few pens and pencils, my headphones, and a small make up bag. I slid my phone into my back pocket and dropped my house keys into the front pocket of my backpack.

I settled down on the stairs to wait for my mom since my American license doesn't matter here in London because they drive on the opposite side of the road. A few minutes later my mom came out in her nice business suit because she would be going to work today too. Without a word she grabbed her purse and walked out the front door with me close behind her.

She had been to England enough times that she had her license here already. I was supposed to be taking my driving test this weekend so hopefully I will receive a new car too. The car ride was silent to my school which I guess I forgot to mention was a performing arts school. It was what me and my mom decided on since I loved music, dancing, and art so much and it worked out perfectly since it was only 10 miles from the house closer to the heart of London city where my mothers job was.

The Ice Queen pulled up to the curb of a huge towering brick building with green grass on either side of the paved walkway leading up to the metal double doors. A fountain was in the dead center of the walkway forming a circle around it to loop back to the other side. There were plenty of windows visible from the outside. From the different levels of the windows I guessed this front building was only two stories.

I waved bye to my mom and jumped out of the car and up to the doors. Classes started between 8:00 and 9:00 depending on what you had first. It was currently 7:50 as I checked my phone. The lady I had talked to a few days ago had told me to be here before the first classes started so I could come to the front office to get my schedule and general directions to where things were.