Chapter 11

Rose

"So, when do you leave?" I ask Lilibeth at the end of the party when everyone got home and it was just us, again. My voice was shaking and my eyes were red ready to cry another time.

"We have just two months that we're going to really live. We're going to laugh, go to parties, watch movies, read books, go skiing, see the snow, fight for stupid things, and then..."

"You leave," I affirm, still not believing that I'm not going to see her every day smiling at me or hugging me.

"We're still going to do those things, I can come and you can visit me in Paris. It's a beautiful city," she reminds me putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm afraid you're going to replace me. I'm not a parent that you need to stick with and I can't imagine how many friends you're going to make and love more than you love me," I finally let the words out. All of my fears are out and I'm naked, stripped of my armor.

"If you only could see yourself the way Aaron and I see you, you will have no doubts that we love you and that there's no one like you. I couldn't replace you even if I wanted," she shakes her head like it's stupid just to think "You're like a sister to me."
I just wish I could believe her. It's easy saying this now but when she's going to Paris and she'll see how beautiful and amazing that city and the person in it are, she won't care about anything here anymore. But I smile and turn away to not let her see how unhappy I am.

"So... About the king," Katie starts. They love to gossip about everything and today it's my turn, I guess.
"Umm?"
"Omg you're killing me. Are you two together?" my blonde friend asks out of rush.
"No," I answer simply. I like him as a friend, I never had somebody like him in my life. He cares so much about everyone and it's a case that I'm part of the people he'll do everything for.
"Sure," Libby sniffs like it's obvious that I'm lying. Today you can't have a male friend?
"What about Noah, Libby? You seemed so mean to him, yesterday," I say changing the subject and at that she stops talking. That is interesting.
"I got the opportunity to move from my old appartament to my dream house but Noah wants it too so we're going to be roommates and it's making Libby crazy," Katie explains to me. Should I feel betrayed because they didn't told me that early? Yes. But I feel sad, actually. They didn't think I was important enough to know it as the moment happened.
"And the problem is?"
"That he's trouble and we all know it," Libby reminds us.
"What if he changed?" Katie says
"He likes to have adventures that are dangerous but he's a really respectful guy," I add taking her side.
"Whose side are you on?" Libby asks actually irritated by me.
"None since I just got to know now that Katie is moving out, like I don't deserve to know it. You two are the only friends I have ever trusted and that's what you do," I say out of anger, without even thinking. At that Libby growls "Don't make it sound more dramatic that it is." But Katie can call me and make a whole scene when I have other friends? Fucking unbelievable.
"Fuck you all." I end the call finding myself walking forward my room, throwing all the books I own out of my desk and tearing up pages of some. I'm so tired of being treated like shit by anyone. When it's my turn to be loved? I always give and no one gives anything to me.
I need to be outside my head.
I want to be free from every little stupid thought.