New Journeys

It took just a few days for Ash, Misty and their Pokémon to reach Pallet Town and Ash's old home where his mother still lived, and after enjoying some peaceful sleep overnight, the friends were soon up and about, enjoying some breakfast in the kit...

It took just a few days for Ash, Misty and their Pokémon to reach Pallet Town and Ash's old home where his mother still lived, and after enjoying some peaceful sleep overnight, the friends were soon up and about, enjoying some breakfast in the kitchen.

"Good morning you two," said Delia Ketchum cheerfully. "Did you all sleep okay?"

"Yeah, we did. Thanks, Mum," said Ash between mouthfuls.

Delia turned to Misty. "I've gotten some ointment for that arm of yours, Misty, just so it feels a bit less sore while it heals."

"Thanks, Mrs Ketchum," said Misty gratefully, as she handed a bit of Pokémon food to Togepi with her sling-free right arm.

With a smile, Delia turned back to her son. "Oh, I almost forgot. Gary got back a couple of days ago. I'm sure he'll be up at Professor Oak's lab today."

"Really? Gary's home?" said Ash in delight.

"Pika!" added Pikachu happily.

Before anyone could say anything more, Ash leapt from the table, hastily got his hat and jacket on, and dashed for the front door, with Pikachu running by his side.

"Ash, where you going?" called Misty, surprised at Ash's sudden excitement at seeing his former rival again.

"I'm going to see Gary now," Ash replied as he and Pikachu barged out through the door.

"But... your breakfast!" said an equally astounded Delia.

"I'll be right back, Mom!" said Ash as he and Pikachu ran down the path that led to Professor Oak's lab.

"Okay, Togepi and I will catch up with you shortly," Misty called after them with a weary look, before turning to Delia. "Wow, I never thought I'd see Ash be so keen to see Gary of all people."

"Yes, they've really been able to bury the hatchet after their match at the Silver Conference," agreed Delia. "Now let's sort out that ointment for your arm, Misty."

******

As soon as she finished her breakfast and had the soothing ointment applied to her sprained limb, Misty began to head up after Ash, carrying Togepi with her uninjured arm. The morning was bright and cheerful, and as Misty walked up the path, she reflected on all that had happened over the last few days.