Chapter 3: Companionship

???: "Hmm, so what I heard was true. There's a new person in the village. You don't look like you belong here. Now, who exactly are you?"

 Now, who exactly are you?"

Y/N: "Hmm? Hey... You uh, you wouldn't happen to be Tighnari, would you?"

???: "Depends who's asking. I asked for your name first after all."

Y/N: "My name's Y/N."

???: "I see. I don't recognise that name, so you're not another from the Akademia who's come to try and persuade me back into the fold then I take it?"

Y/N: "No. I've come from Liyue on... circumstances I would prefer to keep on the down-low for now."

???: "I see. We Forest Rangers have no interest in whatever trouble you're bringing, so please do make yourself scarce soon."

Y/N: "I plan to. But my friend, Yelan, she told me that I should seek out a Tighnari here in this village and give them a letter she wrote."

???: "Yelan? Hmm... I see. For her to have recommended me... I don't suppose I've a choice then. Come on then, you said you wanted to keep this on the down-low for now, did you not? Come and step into my home, and I can read this letter of yours without any prying eyes."

Having not actually given me his name, I presumed that this was indeed the Tighnari I was seeking, and he was now walking away from me and towards the home that I was waiting outside. But seeing as he gave me an invitation to join him, I quickly jumped up from my seat and caught up with him.

The door to his home was open already, so we just simply stepped inside before he then turned around and shut the doors behind us.

Tighnari: "As you should have deduced by now, I am in fact the Tighnari that you're supposedly seeking. So if you'd hand that letter over, and then I can get you sent on your way before you cause any more trouble in our forest."

Y/N: "Any more trouble? Did I... Did I do something wrong?"

Tighnari: "Well, from what I heard, you're the reason Collei's hiding away in her room again. Am I wrong?"

Y/N: "Ahh... well... yeah... But not on purpose though! There was just a little bit of debris stuck to her shirt I tried to get for her and—"

Tighnari: "Ah, I see. You don't need to say any more. And don't pay it any mind, it wasn't personal. Now, the letter...?"

As he said this, this Tighnari guy then held his hand out to me in an expectant way, just waiting for me to hand over the letter to him. And considering that this letter was made specifically for him, I don't really have any reason to decline. So I take the letter out and hand it to him, and within seconds he'd peeled open the envelope and started to read the message within.