Chapter 11: Irminsul

<

PRE-CHAPTER MESSAGE FOR EACH CHAPTER THIS MONTH:

Come the 1st of November 2023, everything will be revealed, revealed for what?
An exciting month for both this account & your most beloved characters featured on it!

But, keep your eyes on my announcements for more information.
(Make sure you're following my account to see said announcements!)

>

"YOU CANNOT DEFY ME, MORTAL!"

The owner of that booming voice, still they seemed to taunt whoever it was that they were fighting currently. I was doing my best to track the source of it down, but this place was like a labyrinth in here! I ran past all manner of machines whirring away, of mechanisms moving to and fro, and large industrial pipes that expelled steam erratically.

Both hallways and chambers of these mechanical creations I ran through, the walls scarred with sword slashes and the remnants of elemental attacks throughout each room. A lot of these remains here seemed to be caused by Fatui foot soldiers... I suppose that would make sense, they always seem to be at the root of each and every conflict within Teyvat. But then, that would mean they were the ones working on this 'False God' that I was told about, right? Why are they attempting to create new Gods when they already have their own that they seem to cherish so?

Something isn't adding up...

???: "Do you even know how many times you've tried to take my Gnosis from me?"

I must be getting closer. I was able to hear a much softer voice echo throughout these chambers now, and with it I heard the sound of... something shattering? It's really close now! It must be just down this hallway!

???: "We just concluded the 168th loop. Did you know that, in the effort to create you, the people of Sumeru were forced to live through the exact same number of Sabzeruz Festivals and samsara cycles?"

???: "The power of dreams... When did you use it on me..."

It seemed that there was a lull in the combat for now, and it seemed to be due to the aggressor being outsmarted in some way. And now I was just on the other side of a door that separated me from this conversation. Choosing not to interrupt anything just yet, in case I break down negotiations, I chose to stay hidden behind the other side of the door... but I did open the door just enough so that I could look in from the crack in the door...

On one side, I see Aether and Paimon standing beside a small girl with a dress in both pure white and a forest green, and also beside Aether was

On one side, I see Aether and Paimon standing beside a small girl with a dress in both pure white and a forest green, and also beside Aether was... some odd construct that hovered beside the group — I could only assume that the Dendro Archon who called for my assistance was the small girl, but she seemed really quite small for an Archon. Perhaps that is a side-effect of being forgotten by your people?