giyushino; sleepy

Shinobu woke up in the middle of the night to a surprise, and it wasn't a pleasant one. She fluttered her eyes open and got up yawning. She heard one of the girls scream. Shinobu's eyes went wide and she ran to their room.

"Ara~? What a surprise." It was true. The situation had shocked Shinobu. There it was, a demon in front of her in her beautiful home that was supposed to be protected by wisteria trees and plants. Not to mention all the wisteria in the office and rooms.

The demon laughed. "A hashira? And one stupid enough to not protect their house?"
She smiled, a vein visible on her forehead. "You were stupid to come here." She scanned the room, looking for whatever she could use to attack, since her sword was in her room. "Girls, run to Kanao. Take Aoi with you as well."

The demon looked amused as he stood there. "Oh well. I'll let them run off for now. I'll just finish you off and then eat them! Oh how strong I'll be." He cackled.

Shinobu frowned and lunged for one of the drawers, quickly pulling out a butterfly clip from it. She then ran to the demon and stabbed him in the eye with one of the sharp parts of the clip.
"You expect this to do something to me? A stupid hashira indeed." He smiled as he walked towards her slowly. He stopped dead in his tracks soon though, as the poison in the butterfly clip had circulated through his body.

"A stupid hashira you say~?" She laughed as the demon fell to the ground, dying from the poison. As soon as he was dead, she stopped smiling. "Ugh." She grabbed the butterfly clip and went to her room to refill it with poison. Then, she went to Kanao's room.

"You guys can come out now. Keep your clips close to you, and Kanao your katana. We never know when a demon might come again." Kanao looked at her sister, "How did the demons get here? Isn't there wisteria protecting us?" Shinobu sighed, "I assume someone has took the wisteria around our house down. Should have been a human, no demon could do that as they'd die from all the wisteria."

Aoi frowned, "A human!? Could they have been a part of the demon slayer corps?" Shinobu smiled wearily, "Yes. I'll look into it tomorrow morning. You girls go to bed for now. Goodnight." She went to each one of them and planted a kiss on their foreheads.

Shinobu left to her room, as did the others. She changed into her demon slayer uniform and equipped her katana. "This is going to be a long night." She groaned as she went outdoors and into the forest outside of her house. She scanned the area before moving on. "Oh my," She kneeled down and touched the soil where's wisteria tree was once standing, "This was definitely a demon slayers work." She smiled as she thought of what punishment to give them.

She stayed up the whole night, making sure demons wouldn't get to the others. She killed two more in the process.

"CAW CAW. HASHIRA MEETING."

Shinobu yawned as she tidied up her hair. The bags under her eyes were really noticeable, and she hoped no one would notice them. She said goodbye to Kanao on her way out and ran to the headquarters.

Due to exhaustion, she stopped a few times during her journey. Once she made it, she hurried to her spot and kneeled. "Apologies for being late Oyakata-sama. I had some.. issues." He only smiled, "It is fine. I hope your issues are not too worrying. Are you alright dear?" She smiled. He was so caring. "I am fine, thank you for the concerns!" As the meeting went on, she constantly was blinking to keep her awake. Her head drooped a couple of times, but she held it in place out of respect.