The Worst Timing Possible

-The symptoms that confirm the disease are coughing out blood and petals. The petals come from a flower, born from your strong feelings of love for someone, already on the stage of blooming in your lungs. If not treated, the flowers will continue to grow until they kill their host.

-There are only two solutions: confess your feelings for the loved one or go through a surgery to remove the flower. But both options have their conditions.

-In the first option, your love must be reciprocated. If not reciprocated, your life stays in danger.

-In the second option, if you still didn’t have a heavy loss of blood, the surgery is sure to save your life, but the feelings you held for the other person will disappear completely and sometimes even the memories of that person in more severe cases.

“And if you are not really sure about who the person is, the flower blooming inside you might give you a clue on it, huh…”

All of this sure looks unbelievable, that’s why she doesn’t blame the people who don’t believe it. But when she is the one coughing petals, she has no choice but to accept reality.

Reality…

Death?

Mafuyu reaches for one of the petals again and inspect it closely.

I didn’t notice these feelings have grown so strong… I’m sorry.

Mafuyu coughs again. One more petal comes out. The sensation is weird, awful, but it gets better to let it out.

Mafuyu gathers all the petals together and slowly gets up from the chair to prevent any sudden dizziness. Her body is heavy and snaps all over. For how long I stayed seated this time? She makes her way to the bathroom and is stopped by her reflection on the mirror.

She only see the red stained petals.

Mafuyu goes back to her room and she go to sleep.

What is this? Will I die?

Mafuyu opens her eyes. She got this weird feeling from yesterday.

Mafuyu's Mother opened the door to her room and greet her

"Good Morning, Honey"

Mafuyu rubs her eyes and stood up.

"Hello , Mom" she smiled

"I'm making breakfast, it will be ready in a few minutes. So please get up. "

Mafuyu nods.

Her throat itches again.

Cough.

Cough.

Cough.

She stared coughing uncontrollably.

Her Mother heard it and rushed into her room.

"I heard Coughing, Are you Okay???" asked she worried

Mafuyu's coughing stopped.
"Yes ,Mother , I'm okay. I just need to drink some water."
Her mom left the room worried.

Nobody must find out
Nobody will find out

Who caused it?

25:10

Mafuyu coughs. She feels petals getting stuck in her throat, so she keeps on coughing until she gets them out.

Mafuyu joins the VC. Everybody is already in the VC.

Voice Chat - N25

ZOhhh, So this is the demo for our next song! I like it!!」 Mizuki says excitedly after listening to it.

「Hm! It’s really good, K! You always find a way for the melody to touch deep.」 Ena unmutes to share her honest compliments. She loves Kanade’s work so much.

「......」

Ena’s eyebrows twitch when she only hears Mafuyu's breath.

「Hey, Yuki?」Ena says already annoyed. 「What did you think this time? K is waiting for you.」 Does this girl really don’t get yet how nervous we get while waiting for feedback about our work?

「Sorry.」Mafuyu finally says after a while. 「I just… felt a loss of words.」

「Eh? A loss of words? Do you mean it in a good way or a bad way?」Amia asks.

「I don’t really know, but… I think it’s… in a good way.」Yuki says

「So you can give proper feedback after all!」 Ena huffs with a smile on her face.

Mafuyu finally releases a breath she didn’t notice she was holding.

「Thank you so much, Kana—」

The sudden urge to cough comes again.

And this time she fails to mute herself before it comes.

Because sometimes, even planned things get ruined at the worst timing possible.