Kanade?

Mafuyu wakes up, only to realize she’s late for the Nightcord at 25:00’s meeting. But does it matter? After all, she can’t really write any lyrics right now.

However she does feel like she owes it to them to log on, so she grabs her phone and opens the Nightcord app.

There are 27 pings from the server, and 5 DMs from Mizuki, 1 from Ena, and 4 from Kanade.

She sighs and clicks on Mizuki’s DMs first.

AMIA - DMs

mafuyuuu
did something happen?
yukii
Cmon now
get. online. it’s been 15 minutes.

She ignores it  and goes on to Ena’s dm.

ENANAN - DMs

join the vc
now.
no excuses

Now, she’s moving on to Kanade’s.

K - DMs

Hey
I have a new song idea
So
Join vc when you get on

She decided to open the Nightcord server. They noticed she was online, so she has earned 4 more pings. Two from Ena, 1 from Mizuki, 1 from Kanade.

Mafuyu settles on sending a message before joining vc, just to get them to chill out.

Main chat - N25

YUKI -
hi
AMIA -
yuki! finally!

K -
Hello.

Clicking ‘Join Voice Call’, she starts hearing the voices of everyone.

“That took way too long. Shouldn’t you know by now to get here on time?” Enanan’s profile picture now had a green circle around it as she spoke, showing that she was speaking.

“I can’t write lyrics right now.” she said bluntly, ignoring Ena’s statements.

“Why?” Kanade asks, but it’s not in a rude way.

Mafuyu considers lying for a second, but decides there’s no actual reason she needs to. “I’m in the hospital.”

"Why?" Mizuki asks.

"Unfortunately I can't say right now" answered Mafuyu.

“I’m sorry about that. I hope it gets better.” Kanade mutters.

“Yeah.” Ena says, quiet as well.

It’s quite obvious that they are unsure what to say, but she doesn’t mind. That doesn’t mean they don’t care.

“I think I’m gonna go now. Bye.” she says, and clicks disconnect, now setting her phone down.

It’s 12:32 pm the next morning when she is sitting up staring out the empty doorway.

As she was staring out the door, a girl who was oddly recognizable from afar exited another hospital room. She walked closer, and made eye contact with Mafuyu, holding some more flowers.

Kanade?