Chapter 25: Baby Talk

Becca stood in a field of flowers, it was a beautiful scene. Well, it would have been if it wasn't for Becca looking at Pepper with bright blue eyes.

"I hate this" She yelled at Pepper, creating angry energy.

"Calm down," Pepper said "Just a couple of pictures then we are done."

"Becca" Steve walked up to her "Do it for Pepper, she has helped you so much"

He was trying to calm her down. Steve wasn't lying, Pepper had been there for Becca since the moment she had found out she was pregnant. Tony told her it was because Peper saw her as a daughter. Pepper reminded Becca of her mom, tough and quiet, helpful and loving.  Everything that Becca wanted to be as a mom.

Becca stood in the middle as Steve stood on her left side and Bucky was on her right as the man took some photos of them. The three of them were joking around just having fun with it and finally getting some time to relax for once.

"Can we be serious" Pepper yelled at them.

"Sorry" Becca yelled back. "But we can't be"

Pepper told the photographer to hold off and she walked over to them.

"What is going on?" Pepper asked them.

"This is silly" Bucky laughed "Why are we doing this?"

Pepper smiled at him "This is a time for all of you to talk and relax"

"Talk" Becca looked at Bucky and Steve. "Okay" She pulled Bucky aside. "Can we talk?"

Becca and Bucky walked over to an empty playground. They sat on the swings together.

"You wanted to talk" Bucky looked at her

She smiled "In a month everything is going to change. I am having a baby"

"We are" Bucky smiled at the thought.

"But what if it's not yours?" She was scared "Will it change us, will you be able to love a child that might not be yours? Could you still love me?"

Becca started to cry, Bucky pulled her swing over to his "Sure our relationship will change." Bucky told her  "We aren't going to be sleepings, nighttime diaper duty, splitting time between us and Steve."

Becca smiled at him, still with tears in her eyes "So we will be okay?"

"We will" Bucky touched her knee, he then took it away and his smile faded "Do you think that I can do this, be a dad?"

"Of course" Becca got off her swing and sat on his lap. "Don't you think that?"

"I was trained as a killer, I had no morals or feelings. What if that makes me think that I can do this" Bucky started to get choked up "Can I be a good father?"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in "You have a past, I have a past, but your past does not define your future. You are a great man, a man who worries about everyone before himself. Someone who would lay down his life for anyone in danger."

She kissed him "I love you," He told Becca "Nothing will change for us."

Hate to break it to you" Becca looked at him "But you do realize that we will be having less sex right?"

"Nope, sorry doll" He joked "You get to give that baby to Steve"

They both laughed, Bucky leaned in from his swing and kissed that baby bump while Becca kissed his head.

"Okay" She pulled away from Bucky "Steve's turn"

Becca walked over to Steve who was sitting by a creek.

"May I join?" She asked him.

Steve patted a rock and Becca sat down next to him "We need to talk" He looked at her

"I guessed" She laughed, and Becca took Steve's hand. "You know I never apologized. I never wanted to hurt. You should be loved and have love because Steve you are the most selfless man."

Steve was stunned "Can I be selfish for a moment? I really want this baby to be mine, I have always lost the person I love; Peggy, you, and now Ava. This baby couldn't leave me if it was mine."

"Steve" Becca looked at him "I am sorry, you deserve all the love in the world. If this baby is yours you can't leave it"

Steve was confused "I would never leave"

"Really," Becca said "I know you, Cap. You fight, fight for others, fight for the world. If something calls for you, you go. If this baby is yours you can't always go"

Steve nodded "You are right?"

"Of course, I am" Becca laughed "I will always be there for you, I hope you know, even if this baby is Bucky's you will still be Uncle Steve. And I hope if it comes to that, you will be okay"

Steve kissed her belly. "I will be"

"Now it's your and Bucky's turn." Becca tried to get up, Steve ended up lifting her up.

Steve walked over to Bucky who was sitting at a picnic table.

"So we have to talk" Steve sat down next to him "Well according to Becca we need to"

Bucky patted his friend's back "She is something else. But she is right"

"I want the family," Steve told him "You have the girl, I want someone who loves me just as much as Becca loves you."

Bucky sighed "If I could, I would give you that. I want you to be happy, but if the baby is mine, will you be happy for me?"

Steve sighed "I will be, I will get to be a fun uncle"

"Try a second dad" Bucky laughed. "You are my best friend, there will never be a time when you aren't in the baby's life."

Steve hugged him "I know that if I am the father, you will be the stepfather."

"She has to say yes first" Bucky showed him the ring. "You think she will?"

"No doubt" Steve laughed "So we good?"

"Really good?"

They both got up and walked over to Pepper and Becca. They were talking on the phone to someone.

"We have to go" Becca cried to them "It's Ava she is hurt"

"How bad?" Steve asked.

"Very bad"