Dreamcatchers - 3

“We’re gonna take her to the hospital,” Scott lied as he picked Tracy up bridal style. Liam and Mr. Yukimura knew we were lying and going to take her to another place but Liam's friend obviously doesn’t know that. Scott and I run out of the classroom with Tracy and run into Malia and Stiles at the end of the hall. “Go, go, go!” Stiles shouts as we burst through the double doors to the exit. 

We ignored the stares from the students and teachers, especially when they called on us. The boys loaded Tracy in the back and we quickly hopped in. I quickly texted my mom that we had an emergency with Tracy the werewolf and put the pedal to the medel to get to the vet. 

“Quickly,” Denton ushered us when we arrived. Deaton flipped the open sign to close the second we got inside, and Scott laid Tracy on the table. We stepped back so Deaton could do his stuff. He took a small light and pulled her eyelids slightly apart to get a good look. 

"Pupils dilate under normal conditions." He pressed two fingers to her neck to check for a pulse even though those of us with supernatural hearing could hear it. "Heart rate is 250." He pulled back the top of her shirt gently, examining a red patch on her right shoulder where it met her neck.

"Evidence of an allogeneic skin graft on her right shoulder. Now, this silvery substance at her lips is not something I've seen before.” Deaton muttered as he inspected. I shook my head and crossed my arms. “Neither have I.” Talia has never once mentioned that mercury ever comes out of supernaturals. “It’s Mercury isn’t it?” 

Deaton nodded slightly. “It seems like it.” 

“What does that mean?” Stiles asked and before either Deaton and I could respond with “we have no freaking clue” Tracys body began to twitch. We all immediately backed up on alert. 

“Can't you just give her a shot of something?" Malia asked when Tracy was still again. Deaton shrugged. "She doesn't look to be in any pain." 

"I meant a shot to kill her," Malia corrected. Deaton stared at her blankly while I lowered my head. "I generally prescribe to a code of ethics that frowns on such measures," 

 Malia frowns at the answer. 

“Malia, you know we're not gonna do that," Scott reminded her authoritatively. 

"How do you know she's not gunna kill us?" She pointed out. And she had a really really good point. “She makes a really valid point.” I muttered under my breath low enough for Scott to hear. 

"Either way, eventually I'm gonna have to let my dad know she's here." Stiles said. And he was right. Tracy was wanted for attempted murder and actual murder. Even if we helped her, we still weren’t going to be able to save from life in prison. I carefully approached Tracy. Something still wasn’t right with her. Other than the fact she’s spitting out mercury. 

Athena has to have some identification spell in her books somewhere. I took Tracys hand and picked at her nail. And for good measure I used my claw to cut a piece of her hair off and pinch her skin a little bit to collect some blood in a small vial. (I’ve been carrying around several because you never know when you need an herb) 

“I'm not opposed to a little extra security." Deaton agreed and took a container of Mountain Ash from the counter and unscrewed it. He threw its contents in the direction of the door and it landed in a magical supernatural line. Our supernatural barrier. 

Stiles inched closer to me and took my hand in his. He was nervous. And to be honest, so was I. That barrier meant only humans could pass. Deaton and Stiles would be free to come and go as they pleased. They could escape if Tracy wakes up. But that left Malia, Scott and I to fight for our survival against her.