Strange Frequencies - 1

"You heard a name?" I questioned as the girls and I drove back home. Stiles, Scott and Theo went back to the animal clinic to deal with the dead Chimera. Apparently he was killed by a dread doctor. 

Stiles saw it all. He assured me he was okay, I don't fully believe him. But he and Theo seemed to be getting along. Weird. 

Lydia nodded. "It wasn't my surgery I saw. It was some other girl. The name was familiar." 

"What was it?" Malia asked. "Hayden." 

Hayden. Hayden? Before I could bring it up, ironically Liam started calling. I answered and put him on the car's Bluetooth. "Hey Liam." 

"Isabelle, I need help now." Liam said so quickly I almost didn't catch it. "What happened?" 

"I found another Chimera." 

My eyes go wide as the words sink in. Another Chimera. I looked at the girls, they both nod knowing what I was going to do. I put the car in shift and turned the car around. 

When we got to Scott's house, where Liam had taken the girl, the boys were already there. And the girl, the chimera, Hayden was locked in the bathroom. 

“Hayden...?” I asked as I knocked on the bathroom door. “My name's Isabelle Hale." I introduced myself. "I know that you're scared, but we just want to help.” The door still doesn't open. She's quiet there. 

“I can hear her heart beating-- she's really freaked out.” Scott noted. I knew he was right. Lydia turns to Liam. “What happened?” 

“She was okay when we got here.” Liam said. “I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in.” 

“Why?” Stiles asked. 

“I don't know.” I could guess why. If her heart was beating that fast she was clearly scared. I would be too if I was in her position. “She's definitely a Chimera?”  

Liam shrugged unsure. “She said she heard a voice saying "Your condition improves..."

“Okay, that's unsettling…” Stiles muttered. Stiles knocked on the door. “Hayden? This is Stiles." He introduced himself. "Your sister works for my dad down at the station?" I cross my arms and pace, looking at the door. She still didn't open it. 

"Look, just open the door. You can trust us.” Stiles backed away when his attempt didn't work. Scott took a turn next. “We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face.” No answer. “Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door, or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just... I gotta know that you're okay in there.” 

The door finally did open on its own accord. Hayden stood there, claws out and eyes glowing our signature golden yellow. She looks up at us with terror. “I believe you.” 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

“We're back to telluric currents?” Stiles questioned as I laid out the old map we had stolen from Danny. I kept it. In case we ever needed it again. I was hoping we never did need it but oh well. 

 “If the Dread Doctors couldn't come into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden.” I suggested, feeling particularly smart for my idea. 

Stiles shrugs in agreement. “Okay, so besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?” 

Scott points at the highschool on the map. "We're standing on it.” 

“You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?” Stiles asked us. “If we have to, all night.” Scott answered. “Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's.”