Chapter 5

Percy's POV

I had a hard time getting to sleep again that night. What could be so important that Chiron needed to tell me? And how could they be so sure that there was a way to defeat these creatures? I looked over at my dads painting. "I wish you could at least tell me what these things are, dad.." After a couple more hours, I finally got to sleep.

I woke up again the next morning just in time for breakfast. I woke up, and the first thing I smelled was BACON... "Mmmmmm.." My stomach growled just at the thought of it. I got up, pulled some jeans on, slipped Riptide into my pocket, pulled my T-Shirt on, and walked out the door, walking toward the sound of laughter and the smell of breakfast.

At about noon, me, Grover, and Annabeth met up outside the Big House. Chiron rolled out in his magical wheelchair with a grieved and disappointed look on his face. "It's best if you came inside, where there's some privacy, children." We all walked in and sat down on the couch in the living room. "I believe I know of a way to defeat these creatures that have been attacking us." "It's near impossible, Chiron, we've tried everything." Annabeth replied. "NEAR impossible. But what if we had help?" "From who?" We all looked curiously at Chiron, waiting for him to explain. "There is another great and powerful race of beings that know our monsters. I swore on the River Styx when I discovered that I would never tell a living soul unless it was absolutely necessary. I believe that time has come. These people can perform magic without help from the Gods, or enchanted items. They use only sticks they call 'wands' to channel their magical power fom within. These people are called Wizards." We all looked at Chiron like he was crazy. "What are you talking about? It's impossible to perform magic without help." Annabeth said. "Even the children of Hecate can't do that." "Annabeth," Chiron said with a pained look on his face, "I cannot tell you how they received the gift of magical abilities. I swore upon the River Styx MANY years ago that I would never reveal their secret. What I can tell you, is that they may be able to help us. They have have abilities more powerful than anything we have ever known." "Well how can they help us if we have never heard of eachother?" I asked, slightly confused on the subject of how these "wizards" performed magic on their own, and how it could help us. "They will be told about you soon enough. A select few will be chosen to help us in our quest to destroy these monsters once and for all. You will meet together at a location not far from camp in 2 days time." "Wait, what?!" Annabeth was obviously shocked and a bit confused. "You're having us meet up with people we don't know yet, who could easily kill us, and beg them to help us?" "Yes," Chiron said with a very straight face. "That's exactly what I'm saying. I suggest you start packing immediately. You may need to stay away from camp for a while." "Awwww, man! I had some great plans for tomorrow.." Grover complained. Annabeth and I started laughing. "Come on, Goat Boy, lets go pack."

Authors Note: 

Ugh... Running out of ideas. :/ Might not update for a while. If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, or anything else you want to tell me, personal message me, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Also maybe someone can think of a name for the unbeatable creatures? Any suggestions are welcome, and I'll mention you for helping me out. ;) until I get some suggestions, or I think of something new to write, I won't be updating, so lets get some suggestions rolling in? Till then, I'll be making a few corrections here and there. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to tell me if you like it so far. :D 

(Btw, I added a lot to Chapter 2, and I'm still adding to it.)