Chapter 3

Percy's POV

After breakfast, I went through my daily routine: sword practice with the Hermes cabin, checking in with Tyson at dad's forge under the sea, Ancient Greek history with Annabeth, lunch, hanging out with my satyr friend, Grover, dinner, and the campfire singalong. After the campfire, our centaur Camp Director, Chiron, stood up (whatever you want to call it) to make an announcement.

"Attention all campers!!" He yelled until everyone was quiet and listening. "I know you all enjoy our games of Capture the Flag, but until we discover a way to defeat these undefeatable monsters that are appearing, that will be impossible. There is too much of a threat. The Athena cabin is currently working on finding a way to defeat these..... Things" Everyone groaned in disappointment. "He's right, guys," I said, "without a way to defeat them, these monsters, or whatever you want to call them, are dangerous. I say that until we find a way to defeat them, we stay as far away as possible from the woods." "Why?! Together, there must be a way we can defeat them! Don't be a coward, Jackson!" It was Clarisse, daughter of Ares, and the biggest bully at camp. "Me?! A coward?! Must I remind you who defeated the Minotaur on their first day, and then went on to defeat Medusa, Kronos, save Hera and the world, and then still live to tell the tale?! All while YOU stood by the sidelines like a coward!"

"That's quite enough, Percy." Chiron said calmly. "Clarisse is right, together, there must be a way to defeat these monsters. All creatures can be killed or defeated. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. Meet me at the Big House at noon tomorrow. There is something we must discuss."

Authors Note:

Again, couldn't really think of how to lead the story towards when Percy finds out about the wizards. :/ Any suggestions? Personal message them to me or comment.