fifty-four

chapter fifty-four [ back in hell again ]

chapter fifty-four
[ back in hell again ]

the group was real far away from the others when the compass began acting up.

"woah, slow down guys." nancy said catching everyone's attention. the four all look at her and see the compass going crazy, "guys what's going on? come on tell me what's going on?" dustin said from the walkie.

"uh, dustin, your compass has totally gone from wonky to wonky with a capital ahhh." robin tells him over the walkie.

melissa noticed steve beginning to take his socks off and she knew what he was about to do. she guesses nancy noticed too since she looked at him, "steve, what are you doing?"

"somebody's gotta go down and check it out." he answered, "unless one of you four can top being a hawkins high swim co-captain and a certified lifeguard for three years."

oh damn.
that's lowkey hot.

no one said anything.

"it's gotta be me. no complaints, all right?" steve said.

"hey, i'm not complaining. i do not wanna go down there." eddie said as he pulled out a bag from his pocket and opened it up.

mel watched curiously but then her eyes wandered over to steve who stood up and pulled his shirt off. melissas eyes widened and she stared. nancy as well.

(i had the same reaction nance had in that moment)

robin looked at the two and laughed quietly.

"here." eddie said as he handed steve a flashlight with the bag covering it, "thanks."

before he could jump in, nancy stopped him, "steve?" she said, "hm?," he hummed, "be careful." he just looked at her and jumped in.

"do you actually think there's a gate down there?" melissa asked nancy who nodded.

"hey, i never got to ask you but how are you doing?" nancy asked with a small smile, "it's been so crazy lately that i forgot to ask."

"i've been healing. dealing. being back here in hawkins is weird without him. i really miss him." melissa frowned, looking away from nancy as she felt tears forming in her eyes.

nancy frowned and she stopped, not wanting the girl have to talk about it right now since it wasn't a good place to talk about it because they were literally on a boat in the lake.