fifty-five

chapter fifty-five [ november 6th, 1983 ]

chapter fifty-five
[ november 6th, 1983 ]

there were so many fucking bats that the group had to hide under skull rock while the bats flew past.

"oh.....okay." robin said as she stood up. "that was close."

"too close." eddie added.

"oh, sh....shit." steve said as he almost fell over.
"steve?" nancy said as she rushed to his side.

(that whole part was so goddamn attractive. i literally wish i was nancy. i was folding the whole time. how was she not folding?)

melissa walked a few feet away from them and sat down on the ground. eddie noticed and walked over to her, "what's wrong?" he asked as he sat down next to her.

"everything." she sighed and looked at him, "being back here brings back memories i didn't want to remember. it makes me remember how i felt and how much i missed everyone and how i just wanted to die. i just wanted the stupid demorgorgon to kill me already."

"but it didn't." eddie grinned.

"but it almost did." melissa sighed.

"you know, when you and will were declared missing, i went out and helped search. and your dad was shocked and mad to see me out there and i never understood why." eddie said as he stared out into the distance.

"maybe it's because he thought i knew you and wasn't happy about it."

"probably." melissa smiled at the thought of her dad, "he was like that with anyone i talked to. even will."

"i seriously thought you and dustin would end together." eddie blabbed out.

"WHAT!"

he started laughing just as a loud thunder noise was heard in the distance. "so this is place, is uh like hawkins, but with monsters and weird ass vines and shit?" eddie asked as the two walked back over to the others, "pretty much." melissa smiled.

eddie was so close to stepping on a vine but nancy stopped him, "wait, watch out for vines. it's all a hive mind."

"it's all a what?" he asked confused.

"all the creepy crawlies around here, they're like, one or something. you step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on vecna." steve explained.