2

"COME GET FRESH COOKIES WITH MUFFINS FOR $5! Hurry!" I yelled out making Kaleb look at me surprised. "I did not realize my words affected you this much for you to give in and do it. Proud of you, nonetheless." He grinned, seeing people coming our way.

An old lady came over and fished her bag for some money before staring up at us. She passed us the most homely smile I could ever come across. "A muffin please." She smiled, as I took the money from her hands. 

"Thanks, ma'am. Your muffin will be with you in 2 minutes." Kaleb smiled, placing the muffins on a tray for display. I placed the muffin inside the box, feeling someone's eyes on me.

I turned around only to see Kaleb staring at me, smiling softly making the lady chuckle. 

"We know she's pretty, boy. Stare at her at home lover boy and get me my muffin I can't wait to taste the muffins because they smell so delicious." She smiled at us making me look at him who was blushing. Why was. Is he blushing?

"Uhm we're not-" "Yes ma'am sure. Here's your muffin. Enjoy!" Kaleb cut me off, smiling sweetly. I sighed. What is his ass up to now? "Thanks, dear, I hope you both have a good future together." She passed us a soft smile before grabbing a paper bag from Kaleb. "But we're not-" "Thanks, ma'am." Kaleb cut me off again making me sigh annoyed at the fact that he kept cutting me off when all I wanted to do is tell the lady that we were not a couple. 

But he won't let me do it because he loves annoying me.

The lady eyed me, probably suspicious but that suspicious expression soon turned soft when I felt Kaleb's lips on my cheek. That's when I realized his arm had been on my shoulder. How does one not notice an arm, again? I'm so clueless all the time. 

What's wrong with me? He pulled away and ruffled my hair making me grumble. The lady chuckled and walked away.

"Why did you not tell the woman we weren't a couple!?" I whined. "Why? Am I not good enough for you?" He looked at me as he placed the cookies on a separate tray making me sigh. "I..that's not what I meant-" "So I am good enough for you?" He smirked, making me huff. "Don't get too ahead of yourself, Mr. Charles." I smiled at him before packing up the cookies.

Do we look like a couple? Maybe. Do a lion and a koala make a good match? Yeah exactly, no. I'm the koala, by the way. Koalas are cute but I just might be the ugliest and laziest koala you've ever come across. Okay, enough about koalas. I've got some cookies to sell. Liya, focus.

"One muffin please." Another customer approached us. making me smile big. People were buying our baked goods. This was happening. I am completing my bucket list. "I'd also like a cookie for my son." The guy from earlier smiled. 

Soon enough, we had people lining up for our cookies and muffins. "Liya, get me 6 muffins and 8 cookies," Kaleb said, handing the customers a fresh batch. "Sure. Are you okay, though? I mean...do you need help or something? Because I don't have many customers on my side." I smiled, trying not to laugh at how funny he looked. Kinda cute too.

Okay, Liya. Real good, keep saying things like this in your head and we'll be in an asylum next.

"No, I'm fine. Trust me," He grunted as I handed him the cookies and the muffins, "See?-" "3 cookies please." A girl cut him off making him look at her. "Aw, dear. That'll be $7. A little discount for you." I smiled at her. I mean, she was just so cute. I love kids.

"Thanks...and you look like Merida from Brave." She grinned handing me the money as I chuckled. "Awe, thank you, dear.." I smiled sheepishly, handing her the paper bag with the cookies inside, "You're pretty too." I smiled as she smiled back before thanking me. "You're still the same, aren't you?" I heard Kaleb say. "Well...I would love to have one with someone too." I chuckled, placing the money in the box.