fifty-seven

chapter fifty-seven [ aftermath ]

chapter fifty-seven
[ aftermath ]

melissa sat on the counter top of maxs bathroom in her trailer as steve wrapped a bandage around her arm. the son of a bitch broke it.

"you really should be taken to the hospital." steve said as he finished up but the girl shook her head, "no, not now. maybe after we kill vecna.

steve smiled, "all good."

she hopped off the counter and looked at it in the mirror, "nice work stevie."

the two then joined up with the others. melissa sat on the couch in the middle of eddie and robin as they all sat in silence. the others stood in front of her.

"what did he show you?" max asked, breaking the silence.

"things. stuff." she answered, staring down at the floor.

"did he show you billy?" nancy asked, earning a glare from max.

"yes."

"what about your da-"

"yes. and will."

"wait he showed you will?" nancy asked, sounding worried.

"he seems to know everything about me." melissa sighed. "what do you mean?" eddie asked. she turned to look at him, just for a moment, "he knew everything. about me and will. about billy. even about my dad."

they seemed to notice how sad she was when she mentioned hopper so they decided to not bring him up anymore.

"but like. he also said he wanted me and has been watching me for years. there was a reason i was taken that night." melissa spoke, earning confused glances from everyone, "he wants me to help with his plan."

she let out a laugh, "it's funny actually."

"how is...how?" steve asked.

"i don't know but....i think we should go back, to the upside down." melissa tells them as they all look at her confused. one thing about melissa was, she would never ever go back to that place willingly.

"woah, what? no, no, hell no." steve shakes his head.

melissa stays silent.

"why the fuck would you want to go back?!" robin yelled.

"because.....i-i don't know. something is telling me. to go back. we just need to go back."