fifty-nine

chapter fifty-nine[ the end of it all ]

chapter fifty-nine
[ the end of it all ]

the sun had set and it was now night. the group were all in the RV, going over the plan to take vecna down.

"okay," nancy spoke, "i wanna run through it one more time." she told the others who all nodded.

"phase one."

"we meet erica at the playground." robin answered, "she'll signal max and lucas when we're ready."

"phase two."

"max baits vecna." steve speaks now, "he'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"phase three?" she looks directly at dustin and eddie.

"me, eddie and melissa draw the bats away."

"four."

"we head into vecnas nearly bat-free lair, and.....flambè." robin said as she shook the bottle.

"nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied." nancy stated, "nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. got it?"

"got it." they all say in unison.

then they all leave the RV and head out. melissa has to admit, she is fucking scared. although max is going to be the bait for vecna, he could even come and attack melissa too.

the group all run to eddie's trailer where the gate is.
steve turns on the light and they all walk in.

"be careful." dustin said to steve.

"thanks, buddy." he said back, "here goes nothing."

steve climbed up and made it through then looked back at them.

"what does he want us to do, applaud?" robin said, sarcastically.

they wait until steve drags over eddies weird ass mattress. "im going first this time." melissa said as the two older girls moved out of the way.

eddie helps her up and she climbs through, landing right on the mattress. steve held out his hand and she grabbed it, "wait wrong hand, fuck steve!" she yelled at him, quickly switching it.

soon everyone made it and all headed outside.

holy shit, this was really happening.

"hey, guys, listen." steve stopped and turned around, "if things here start to go south, i mean, at all, you abort."

"steve..." melissa sighed.

"i mean it." he said, looking right at her.

"draw the attention of the bats. keep 'em busy for a minute or two. we'll take care of vecna." eddie and dustin nod, "don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. okay? you guys are just-"