sixty

chapter sixty[ you weren't the only who believed ]

chapter sixty
[ you weren't the only who believed ]

TWO DAYS LATER

hawkins has fallen.

vecna won.

families and families now have packed up and left the town they used to call home. it's no longer safe. not anymore.

they think it's a massive earthquake.

but it's not.

22 have died plus eddie.

hellfire; a fucking cult these assholes thought eddie had run.

it was a game.

a fucking game, cowards.

people are glad he's dead.

how could they be glad?

he wasn't a killer.

he was a friend and a hero.

"....but this offers little comfort to the people of hawkins, who are scared, angry, and searching for answers. why their town? what have they done to deserve so much suffering? a growing chorus believes......"

she decides not to listen anymore. why should she?

poor little molly sits on the floor, playing with her toys, oblivious to what this town has now become, what has taken over this town.

mr. wheeler watches the TV, holding the remote in his hand, "are you hearing this? they're now calling it a doorway into hell. great. more hysteria. just what we need." he said to his wife.

"well, it's the news." she said as she walked outside with a box in her arms.

melissa stood from the couch and smiled at molly as she walked into the kitchen and toward the phone. she dialed his number and held the phone up to her ear. it rang and rang and again, no answer.

"hey will, it's me. um, i just wanted to let you know i'm okay. we're all okay. please call back. i miss you. bye." she hung the phone up and walked outside, finding the others all packing up and helping the wheelers with boxes.

they seem to not care.

she thought to herself as she walked over and joined them.

just then, a pizza van pulled up.

"someone order a pizza?" mrs. wheeler asked.

"pizza?"

they all turned around just as the van parked. first stepped out argyle then he stepped out along with mike and el and jonathan.

will and eleven immediately ran over to dustin and the three all hugged. jonathan ran to nancy and mike ran to his mom.

melissa felt stupid and just stepped back, allowing them to have their moment all together again.