Silly Little Date

The scenery here at Huaguang Stone Forest tonight is stunning. The dark sky is filled with white, glowing stars; the breeze is cold yet gentle, and there are qingxins growing at the surface of the stone peak that you both are standing.

He sat down on the grass, and spread his legs to make some space.

"Come here."

He took his hand out, inviting you in.

"You'll fall off the edge. "

You took his invitation, laying on top of him. He picked up a Qingxin near him, and handed it over to you.

"Thank you." You took the flower and sniffed it. The scent is very faint, but it's nice. Xiao laid his hands on you lazily, and soon leaned in on you. It's so weird that this cold adeptus got so intimate all of a sudden. But then again, it's quite cute...

You rest one of your hands on his arm while the other still holding onto the qingxin in front of your chest. You closed your eyes slowly. At last, he couldn't take it anymore, and you felt tears on your cheeks. You opened your doe eyes, and you saw Xiao's eyebrows furrowed, while tears flow out from the corner of his eyes, landing harshly on your cheek.

He wiped his tears away from your cheeks, and covered his now puffy face. "Ah, sorry..."

"Don't apologise, Xiao. What's wrong? Is there anything you'd want to talk about?" You gently grabbed his wrist, and put his hands away from his face. Now, you two are looking at each other, lovingly.

He sighed deeply. He tried to suck up his feelings so he wouldn't soak your dewy face.

" I... I just missed you so much. We haven't seen each other for so long, I just couldn't stand it. I want you all to myself, y/n. I want to be with you, so badly..."

You grabbed the side of his head and gently, slowly pulling his forehead close to you. You kissed the bright purple diamond and stuck your head against his. You could hear Xiao's heartbeat, and so could he.

" It's okay. I'm here now. I don't think there's any more trips as long as this."

You sat upright to give Xiao a hug.

"I'm sorry for leaving you for so long, Xiao. I missed you dearly, too."

You didn't know if your words are comforting to the yaksha, but the hug certainly does, because he squeezed you tightly. When he asks for attention, he really is adorable. He acts out of his usual behaviour and becomes a 4-year-old child.

His eyes become soft and innocent, his touch is gentle and full of love, and clingyness. It's hard to imagine that the cold, war machine yaksha becomes so careful around you.

You reached for something in your pocket. While Xiao's still hugging you, he noticed your movements. However, he didn't let go, and just kept his eyes on your hands.

You pulled out a small, rectangular box. It looked fancy; it was black, the cover was matte, and it was tied shut with a silky, white ribbon. You pulled Xiao away from the hug, and held the box in front of you both.

Xiao's cheeks had a light shade of pink on it. He can feel his happiness and excitement building up inside him.

"Go ahead, open it." You handed the box to him, and he opened it slowly; eyes big as a doll's and filled with many emotions, hands trembling from the uncontrollable excitement.

" You handed the box to him, and he opened it slowly; eyes big as a doll's and filled with many emotions, hands trembling from the uncontrollable excitement

Inside the box, was a pair of necklaces, each one is half of what seems like a cryo crystalfly. The core of the crystalfly is a gem with a beautiful shade of turquoise, and its silver frame and chain shines brightly under the moonlight.

Xiao froze in place, stunned by the beauty of the necklaces and his heart struck with extreme happiness, he couldn't help but to smile.