Chapter Seven: Vegeta (Part One)

After a few minutes of flying, the three landed in a rocky area devoid of other lifeforms. Each landed on a rock spire, Vegeta's slightly higher than Goku's and Taro's. The wind blew through their black hair as Vegeta folded his arms with a grin.

"Interesting. Of all the places on your planet, you chose this as your gravesite," he said with a chuckle. "You should feel lucky. Not every low class warrior gets the chance to spar with a super elite like myself. Not long after a Saiyan is born, their skills as a soldier are tested. The scum whose scores are ranked the lowest are sent to the outer worlds where the opponents are weakest. Much like you were, Kakarot. In other words, you were cast out like a dog!" Vegeta's voice oozed confidence and pride. Goku smiled.

"Yes, and as a result, I was lucky enough to come here to Earth. I'm grateful for that. Besides, even a lower class can surpass an elite if he puts his mind to it." Taro smiled, getting a bit more confident. Vegeta laughed.

"That's a funny joke. Now let me show you a wall you will never be able to scale through sheer effort alone!" He retorted, getting into a ready stance. Goku and Taro did the same. The air was still and quiet. The wind whistled and howled as the three stared each other down. Goku made the first move, flying straight at Vegeta with a punch, who dodged to the left. The two engaged in a high speed clash, Vegeta deflecting most of Goku's punches with ease. Suddenly, the prince leapt past Goku from rock formation to rock formation. One of these formations was right above where Taro was standing, who leapt into the air for an undersided kick. Vegeta reacted quickly, grabbing Taro's leg before it could connect, slamming his knee into Taro's face. The already damaged Saiyan smashed into the dirt as Goku caught up. Vegeta saw him coming and elbowed Goku in the face, sending him towards a rock spire, which he recovered on with a jump into the air. He lost track of Vegeta for a moment before realizing the prince was behind him. He sprung forward onto more rocks, missing an attack from Vegeta as both landed on rock formations, looking at each other. Taro landed next to Goku.

"Do you have a plan?" He asked. Goku grinned.

"Impressive. We just started and already, he's so much stronger than me. This is exciting!" Goku said. Taro looked up at Vegeta.

"Is that all you got? Come on, have you used all that strength you've been hiding?" The prince asked. Goku gritted his teeth, being surrounded by the red Kaioken aura again. He threw his hand out, destroying the rocks Vegeta was standing on before rocketing at him with immense speed, striking Vegeta's face hard. He went flying back as Goku followed up with a ram, but Vegeta vanished and kicked Goku in the chin, knocking him out of Kaioken. As Goku landed, Vegeta threw a ki ball at him.

"Kaioken Times Two!" Goku yelled, leaping up to avoid it. Vegeta then threw a second one, which Goku barely managed to dodge while it burned the right half of his gi top. Goku landed and looked at Vegeta. "This guy's insane! Not even Kaioken times two can keep up!" He thought to himself. "Alright body, Don't fail me now..." he thought, tearing off the top half of his gi and undershirt. His power slowly started to rise as his muscles grew. "KAIOKEN TIMES THREE!!" Goku rocketed at Vegeta as his body was swallowed by red, throwing a punch that sent the prince flying back. Goku flew around him, kicking Vegeta in the back with both feet, sending him straight up. Vegeta recovered and threw a ki attack, only for Goku to come out of nowhere and kick Vegeta in the face, sending him crashing through some rocks and into the side of a cliff face, a large hole where he was. The cliff exploded with power, reduced to rubble as an enraged Vegeta tried to spot Goku. He found his target flying at him cloaked in red. He threw a punch, only for Goku to go over it and kick him forward. Vegeta recovered and flew back with a ki infused punch. He swung, but Goku dodged to the right and struck his abdomen in a fraction of a second. The prince was stunned for a moment from the pain. Suddenly, Goku ducked as Taro flew over him, kicking the stunned Vegeta in the face, sending him back.

"Goku! Throw me!" Taro demanded. Goku cupped his hands as Taro stood on them for a second before Goku threw Taro forward. He flew over Vegeta as he was trying to recover and delivered another hard punch to his abdomen, the momentum sending Vegeta into the dirt. Taro followed up with a ki infused bicycle kick as Vegeta bounced back into the air from the previous hit, sending the prince right back down. Vegeta hit the dirt hard, rolling onto his knees a few feet away from Taro and Goku. He slowly got back up to his feet.

"Pathetic maggots..." he growled, wiping his lip. He looked down, seeing a red stain on his glove. They had made him bleed. "Blood!? My noble blood spilled by the sheer luck of such... such TRASH!? No, no I will not allow this to stand! I cannot allow this to STAND!" Vegeta screamed as Goku and Taro looked up at him. Goku had powered down from Kaioken, now extremely tired from the strain the technique put on his body. "YOUR INSOLENCE JUST COST YOU THIS WORLD! I'LL BLOW IT ALL TO PIECES AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!" Vegeta screamed, purple energy surrounding his body as he flew straight up into the sky.

"HE'S GONNA WHAT!?" Goku yelled as Vegeta hovered in the air far away. Taro looked up, seeing the stance Vegeta took.

"He's using the Galick Gun! We need to stop it!" Taro exclaimed. Vegeta's energy sparked wildly. Goku clenched his fists.

"In that case, I gotta risk it!" He yelled as his body was surrounded by the red Kaioken aura again. He threw his hands into the air before drawing them to his side. Taro threw his hands forward, aiming at the same trajectory Goku was.

"KAAAAAAAAAAA...!
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE...!HAAAAAAAAAAAA...!MEEEEEEEEEEEEE...!"

Goku yelled, pain in his voice. Red energy gathered between Taro's palms, swirls of black filling the whole thing.

"HELL..." He started, energy sparking from his body.

"PREPARE TO JOIN THIS FILTHY ORB IN OBLIVION!!" Vegeta screamed, firing the Galick Gun.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

"SPLITTER!!!!!"

The two beams from the ground merged into one as it clashed with the Galick Gun, canceling the other out in a spectacular mid air struggle. All three combatants screamed as the struggle destroyed the area. Vegeta quickly started to gain the upper hand, pushing Taro and Goku's beams back. Goku was groaning in pain, unable to keep this up much longer. Then Taro got an idea.

"Goku, can you hold up without me for a few seconds? I have a plan!" He said. Goku gritted his teeth and nodded. Taro nodded and stopped firing, sprialing around the clashing beams as he charged a ball. At last, he flew over Vegeta. "SPITEFUL SPHERE!" He screamed, firing the blast into Vegeta's back. The prince looked over his shoulder, taking his attention away from the struggle. "NOW, GOKU!!"

"KAIOKEN TIMES FOUR!!!" Goku screamed as his power multiplied yet again, the Kamehameha swallowing the Galick Gun.

"N-No!!!" Vegeta screamed as the blast swallowed him, pushing him out towards the sky. Goku stood on the ground, breathing heavily and exhausted. He fell to one knee as Taro dropped like a stone next to him, having used most of his energy to create an attack strong enough to phase Vegeta. Both warriors were exhausted and almost out of energy, but seemingly triumphant. Taro weakly got up, helping Goku to his feet.

"We did it... we won!" Taro exclaimed. The battle had seemingly been won. Seemingly...