Chapter Eight: Vegeta (Part Two)

Out in the upper atmosphere, Vegeta was still being carried up by the Kamehameha. With all his might, he escaped the blast before it could send him to space. His armor was damaged and cracked, the right shoulder pauldron being broken. The small armor plates around his waist was gone as well.

"DAMN YOU!!!!" He screamed in pure rage. Vegeta looked down at the planet. "I can't do something like that again. I don't have enough energy left." Then an idea flew into his head. "Of course... it's so simple. The Great Ape. They won't be strong enough to counter it. But Taro still has his tail... then again, unlike Nappa and myself, he can't control it. He might end up attacking Kakarot... it's a gambit, but a gambit I have to take." He said to himself, looking around for a moon. Unfortunately, the moon had been destroyed some time ago. "Hmph. No matter." He muttered, descending back to the battlefield where a weakened and exhaused Goku and Taro were.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Taro yelled as Vegeta landed. Goku chuckled.

"Man... he's tough." Goku smirked.

"I've had enough of this little squabble. Time to end this!" Vegeta yelled, creating a small white energy ball in his hand. Taro instantly recognized it, but was too late to stop Vegeta from throwing it. "Burst open and mix!" He yelled as the energy ball expanded into a false moon. Vegeta vanished and appeared before Goku, kicking him back before grabbing Taro by the face. Taro struggled, but was too exhausted to break free. Vegeta forced him to look up at the power ball in the sky. Suddenly, both their eyes went white. Taro started to growl as Vegeta laughed. As Goku got up, he watched as Taro and Vegeta began to grow in size, fur covering where skin used to be. Their eyes turned red and their faces elongated into snouts. The transformation into Great Ape was completed.

"W-What the!?" Goku gasped, unsure of what happened.

"Well, let's see if you can handle this, Kakarot!" Vegeta boomed, his voice very deep and loud. Taro roared and punched at Goku, who barely dodged.

"Whoa! They're big, but they're fast!" He exclaimed. All he could do was dodge and try to survive. Taro swatted at him, throwing him off enough for Vegeta to punch him into a boulder. Goku recovered, trying to think of something to do. He then had an idea. "The Spirit Bomb! It's my only chance!" He thought. Thinking fast, he used the Solar Flare to blind Taro and Vegeta. As the apes screamed in pain, Goku raised his arms. "All the plants... and the animals... and everything on Earth! Please lend me your energy!" He exclaimed. Small blue spheres of energy rose up from the ground, flying into Goku. Soon, it was ready. Just then, Taro regained his vision and leapt at Goku, knocking him down and stomping on his legs, breaking them. Goku screamed in pain as Vegeta laughed.

"How unfortunate for you, Kakarot! Your newfound ally has become your killer!" The giant Vegeta laughed. Taro growled in his feral state until he heard Vegeta's voice, something clicking in his head. Memories of the torment he suffered under Vegeta flooded his mind, the anger building under the surface. With a mighty roar, he turned around and punched Vegeta in the face, breaking a few teeth from his snout. "What!? What is this!?" Vegeta spluttered. Taro pointed at him.

"Ve...ge...ta... DIE!!!" Taro growled in a way that sounded like speaking, wailing on Vegeta. Goku looked up to see two Great Apes fighting each other.

"I see... so the monster that killed Grandpa Gohan... and that destroyed the arena... that was all me!" He thought to himself. He was too injured to move. Taro had broken his legs. Vegeta overpowered Taro, lifting him over his head before slamming him down into the dirt. While Taro tried to get up, Vegeta grabbed Goku with both hands, squeezing him. Goku screamed in pain as Vegeta's grip on his body tightened. He could feel the bones in his body being stressed before breaking.