Chapter 1

"this is just who we are" - willow Holloway

As the girl walked into the book shop she could smell the ink and scent of old paper. She went looking for a book and Still, she hadn't found one so she went and sat down somewhere when the girl sat down she took out her phone and went onto Instagram she noticed she had a new follower so she looked at the person’s account it was regular enough and so the girl followed the person back she didn’t know why but she decided to message the girl she had texted her the casual “ hi” and so while she wondered if the girl would text her back. She got up, put her phone in her back pocket, and continued looking for a book.

In Los Angeles, a dark-haired girl sat in a cafeteria finishing up her essay before her last class of the day as the girl finished the last sentence of her essay she let out a sigh of relief once she had sent it in she packed up her computer, and grabbed her phone and went to look through Instagram she got done watching her friend’s stories before she realized she had gotten a new follower it was the person she had recently followed she was surprised that the girl had actually followed her back as she went to go scrolling she noticed she had a message.  So naturally, she clicked on the message and it said “hi” the girl felt back that she didn’t answer sooner so she texted the girl back “ Hi I’m so sorry I didn’t see this sooner.” 

The bell rang for her last class so she put her phone in her back pocket and went to her next class. In the bookshop, the girl had found the book she wanted and before she started to read it the person she texted had finally texted her back so, in turn, she typed back “hey don’t worry better late then never I’m Selene btw”  the girl smiled to herself at the last part and put her phone down and went to start reading the book she picked out. Back in LA the dark-haired girl had just gotten out of her class it didn’t last long because the class was canceled for the day but she still had other work to do for her other class’s she pulled out her phone and saw the message from the girl named Selene she smiled and answered Selene back saying “ nice to meet you, Selene, I’m willow” the girl named willow started to walk home but before she did she stopped at a coffee shop waiting for her younger brother.

Selene had bought the book and decided that she should head home so she started to walk Selene pulled out her phone and looked through her notifications she saw that she had a message from the girl Selene opened the message and read it she found out that the girl’s name is willow she texted willow back “ hi willow it's nice to meet you too." Selene continued on her way home she was close enough to her home to walk instead of taking the bus

As selene walked home, Willow sat in the coffee shop waiting for her brother. The dark haired girl stood up and walked over to the counter and ordered something her brother never really had her waiting this long. It's 4:35pm he was usually there by 4:00pm so this worried her. Willow went and sat back at the table and tried to call her brother she thought maybe he was still at practice but that ended around 3:30ish the barista had called her name and willow got up with her bag and went and got her coffee she said thank you and left out the coffee shop door and went speed walking towards the high school hoping her brother was there.

Selene made it home as she walked in the door she had already knew her father was in his workroom and from upstairs you could here blasting noises from her brothers tv she smiled to herself knowing that her brother was already home they don't really see to much of each other with him in school and her in college selene walked to her room. She set her bag down on her bed, pulled out her phone and walked over to her desk. She looked through her notifications. There was still nothing from Willow but selene hoped that she would answer her.