-no-

The day felt colder than it should've. Cooler, yet it was just the air. There was no wind, no sound, no birds chirping, or car engines revving. Not even the sounds of tires on gravel or the unnecessary extra wind caused by passing cars seemed to be present.

The cafe had recently finished its restoration, the windows new, the furniture that needed fixing was repaired, yet the place felt different.

Perhaps it was the lack luster of people and familys that I was used to, or the missing existence of the warmth created by the baked goods in the back and the sweet scent of the once out on the glass trays in the front. 

I sat at one of the booths with my clipboard. It had pages on it, bills, plans, and contact info. Things of the sort.

I was going to need to start ordering products again, baking ingredients should be ordered at least a week before opening, meats and veggies only a day or two before opening as to prevent rot, and I'd go through the dishes and clean them all a day before opening as to make sure there clean. I'd start cleaning the facility after the baking ingredients get here, and then the building should be cleansed and up to code. 

Then, I'd contact the workers 5 days in advance so that employees have time to get ready and figure out if they can make it. 

Work makes forgetting everything else easier, I don't know why I didn't drown myself in it earlier. 

I sent messages to Sam and Seen about the reopening, but they haven't even been read. 

I sent them 4 hours ago. Now it's 30 minutes after dusk, and I'm finally done with today's work, locking up the doors and heading home. 

The world is still and silent. Silent and dark. Like sleep but far, far scarier because I'm still up, and if something was to hurt me, I'd see it coming. 

-we're gonna end here for today, wanted to get a chapter out for you marvellous people, I'm working on making the story more gender fluid for all readers, for now I'll make sure all future chapters are of the gender neutral pronouns and go back soon to fix past chapters. Have a grand day!-