Running

"Oh Riley, why couldn't you be more like your brother!" My father screams, throwing his bottle at my head. It smashes against my skull, shattering and cutting my face. I have no time to react before my mother walks towards me, smiling innocently. She crouches down next to me, "Nobody loves you. Nobody has ever loved you. And I can promise you that nobody will ever love you in the future" I show no emotion on my face, I've grown to accept this as the truth. It's been drilled into my head these last 17 years. "YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A DISAPPOINTMENT!" My mother screams as she grabs a piece of broken glass from the floor, and stabs stomach. Well that hurt a bit. How dare they do this to me? I feel something building up inside me. But it isn't anger. This is something different. My head feels as though as it's about to explode. What's wrong with me? Suddenly the pain stops. I look towards my parents, and notice that they are frozen. Exactly as they were, not moving, not breathing, just kind of there. This is weird... I quickly take the piece of glass out of my stomach, and stand up, using the wall for support. My parents still aren't moving. Oh god. What have I done? I need to leave, before they find me. First I need to make sure I don't bleed out. I walk towards my room, and grab the box of bandages I have stored, just in case of a situation like this. I lift my shirt up slightly, and carefully wrap the bandage around my stomach. Actually I may need to change my shirt, this one seems to have a large amount of blood on it.

Now with a clean shirt on, I pack a rucksack, this is probably going to be the last time I will ever be in this house. Clothes, money and food are "neatly" stuffed into the bag. I swiftly walk out of the house, not looking at my parents. Guilt seeps through my body, even though I know that they are both horrible people.

After walking for a couple of hours, I spot a cafe. I could really do with a coffee. I walk into the shop, but everyone seems to be frozen too. I sigh in exasperation. I've ruined innocent people's lives!
I leave a couple of dollars on the table, before making myself a coffee and exiting the cafe. Eventually I managed to get out of the eerily frozen town. Now I see the extent of the problem. Everyone within the 90 square mile radius of the town, has been frozen in time. I'm not even sure how that's possible. People are definitely going to notice that.

As I turn a corner, I hear a commotion coming from a nearby alley. It sounds like someone's getting mugged. I have help them! As I walk towards the sound, I see a 3 clearly intoxicated men punching another man with a metal arm. I sprint up to the most arrogant looking alcoholic, ignoring the pain in my stomach, and kick him in a sensitive area... Which enables the man being attacked to get away from the two men beside him. "Thanks, but I didn't need your help." He says, glaring at me. "Sorry dude. Just trying to help. Nice arm by the way." He seems to flinch at my choice of words.
Shit, didn't mean to upset him, the guy looks like he could snap me like a twig. The pain in my stomach intensifies, and I collapse onto the ground. "You're hurt." He says, crouching down next to me. "Nah. It's fine. I'll be ok in a second." I mumble. The stranger frowns at me, "doesn't seem likely. Let me look." I quickly shake my head. "It's either you let me help, or you bleed out and die." He has a valid point. Although I don't know why I'm trusting a random stranger... He takes my bag and jacket off, and slides my shirt up enough to see the bandages. He unravels the bandages, and stares at the wound. "You got stabbed huh." I grunt in response. "Look I'm not here to hurt you. I haven't got a reason to. So just trust me okay?" He explains with a solemn expression. He picks up my bag and puts it in his back, before picking me up too, and carrying me somewhere? My vision starts to go blurry, then everything goes black, and I slip out of consciousness.