2 | Creativity

enjoy!!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Third POV

You had been there about a week. You've learnt quite a bit about them all.

It was June 19th of who knows what year. You were all sitting at the kitchen table when the notebook flipped open on it's own and started to sing along with music that came out of nowhere.

Y/N POV

"What's your favorite idea?"

"What in the fu-"

"Mine is being creative!" I was cut off rudely by the notebook.

"How do you get the idea?" Manny asked.

"No wait don't talk back to that thi-"

"I just try to think creatively!" I was once again cut off by the notebook. "Now, when you look at this orange. Tell me, please, what do you see?"

"It's just a boring old orange?" Robin replied.

"Maybe to you, but not to me! I see a silly face, walking along and smiling at me!" Manny wowed at this statement.

"Now I am gonna feel bad when I skin oranges...." I whispered to myself. Harry gave me a questioning look as a shrug my shoulders.

"I don't see what you mean!" Robin frustratedly said.

"Cause you're not thinking creatively!" She then flipped the page to reveal a colorful bunch of hair. "Now, take a look at my hair!"

"Cool."

"I use my hair to express myself!"

"Hey, just like my clothes!" I exclaimed while pulling my shirt down and looking down at my own clothes. (imagine its something fancy or stylish lol)

"That sounds pretty boring," Harry said in his usual monotone voice.

"Now, when you stare at clouds in the sky, don't you find it exciting?"

"No.?" we all said in unison.

"Come on! Take a better look," she then put a magnifying glass to her eye. The clouds started to change.

"Oh wait! I can see a hat, I can see a cat, I can see a man with a baseball bat! I can see a dog, I can see a frog, I can see a ladder leaning on a log!" We all sang.

"Think you're getting the hang of it now! Using our minds to have a good time!"

"I might paint a picture of a clown," Manny smiled.

"I can use my mind to have a good time, if you know what I mean," I nudge Harry with my arm and bite my lip at him. He seemed flustered and simply just shook his head no.

"Woah there friend, you might need to slow down. And you! Don't involve creativity with those filthy thoughts!" She said as oil started to drip down Manny painting. It went silent for a little while until she began to sing again.

"Heres another good tip of how to be a creative whiz kid! Go and collect some leaves and sticks and arrange them into your favorite color!" Harry put his to say 'blue', Robin put his to say 'red', and I put mine as (color that isn't the others!. Manny put his as 'green' but the notebook didn't seem to like that. "Green is not a creative color. Theres one more thing you need to know, before you let your creativity flow! Listen to your heart, listen to the rain, listen to the voices in your brain! Come on guys, let's get creative!"

Manny started out with painting on a popsicle stick figure. Then Harry scattered glitter all over the table. Robin placed a felt letter 'D'. Then everything started to glitch from reality to what seemed like a computer generated version of us all. Then, there was blood dripping down my head. Harry had a heart and was putting glitter all over it. Manny was dancing. The music became distorted and glitchy. I felt a liquid coming out of my ears but I didn't do anything. I sat there, motionless. Like I was a puppet without a puppet master. No one to control me. I am nothing without one. I must depend on someone. I cannot be independent. I could feel Harry rub his heart in my blood so the glitter would stick better. Robin spelt 'DEATH' while his nails made a screeching sound against the table.

Then everything went back to normal.

"Now, lets all agree, to never be creative again," then the notebook went limp. It went back to being a notebook.

"Wow. That was... something. I say we all go to bed and forget this ever happened!" I chirped and stood from the table. I walked to the living room, grabbed the green and white striped blanket and got comfortable in Harrys green chair. While Harry, Manny, and Robin walked past we bid each other goodnights when they go to their separate rooms. They all agreed on separate rooms after I told them about privacy. After they turned the lights off, I shut my eyes at an attempt to fall asleep. But I couldn't. Everything kept replaying in my head. Every detail. I started to tear up from fear. I quickly get up and walk to the closest bedroom, which ended up being Harrys. I knock on the door softly. Harry opens it and peers down at me.

"Did you need something?"

"I.. I was just wondering if I could um..." I started to blush and stumble over my words in embarrassment. I mean, cmon, I was an adult. I shouldn't have to be asking to sleep in the same bed because I'm scared. Harry must've caught on to what I was asking from the tears and me being unable to speak. He stepped to the side, inviting me to take over his room. I crawl into his bed as silently as I can, as not to wake up the others. After Harry shuts the door, he gets in next to me and shuts the lamp off. The small bed made it so we were almost touching. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck and hear his heart beat. The beats were so steady and calming. I could feel myself slowly drifting off, no longer feeling fear but safety and comfort.

I yawned, "thank you, Harry," I whispered softly then nodded off to sleep.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

1002 words

This took so long- I watched like two episodes of TWD while writing this. Kinda weird getting back into writing. I hope you enjoyed! :) If you see any mistakes, please tell me! I tend to skip over things easily. The way I will write this but not put any effort into a school project...

anyways,

Thank you!!

~Merc