CHAPTER ONE

Stella

I PASS BY the memorial hologram of Beatrice Prior, daughter of the co-leader of Abnegation, Andrew Prior and The Bureau allie, Natalie Prior by the train. Her face, name and identity is everywhere. She sacrificed herself for her brother and for us all. I wanted to thank her but i was too busy hunting down David, which i did but after Tris died. Now Chicago is lead my Johanna. She used to be the leader of Amity but now she's the leader of the Allegiants and the city.

Probably the plan on breaking down the wall was the most terrible idea of all existance. So now the walls are thicker and higher. I don't know what i hope about Johanna. She was the Amity leader but will she act the same? They removed all the serums and the scanners in the city. And it feels weird of having no faction. Dauntless, Abnegation, Erudite, Amity, Candor, Factionless; gone. Now all we have are the Allegiants. They are similar to Dauntless. Our army; police. They were also known as the rebelious group.

But i can imagine what's beyond the wall, secrets. Danger. Hunger. Creatures. Mistakes. What will happen? This is not the end.

||||

"Tobias." I whisper his name and join him watching the shooting star across the sky, leaving sprinkles of glimmer.

"Stella," he whispers back. My relationship with Tobias is pretty hard at times. Marcus and my father, Kevin used to fight. Kevin was the Abnegation councler and sometimes they don't agree with each other's wishes. So we can't be near to each other if our fathers are near us.

"Tobias, i know it's hard. Tris was brave and that's all that matters. She was brave, intelligent and selfless. She saved our city, " I clear my throat, "I know what it feels like loosing the one you love the most but you got to get your shits together and carry on." Memories flashes back in my head of my mother's dead body on the pavement of my old house back in the Abnegation Headquarter.

I can see spark of a tear splashing down Tobias' eye like waterfalls.

"Tris," He chokes, "She was the only one i got. My precious Divergent. She was the strongest girl i ever met. She was special. The first time i met her, when she fell from the sky like an angel and hit on the net like a drop of tear reuniting with its pool. She was amazing."

"But Tobias. Taking that memory serum will not change anything. It will change the way you look at the world but it will not change the world itself. You just gotta let it go." I explain the memory serum. Christina told me that incident and i almost cried. Tobias was turning into Peter. But I liked the old Peter. Smirky, obnocious, evil, dirty and sarcastic.

I break the silence and ask, "Let's stop by her."

"Sure let's get moving."

||||

We hide behind the bin across the tall glassy Grave building (that used to be the Erudite Headquarter) and realised the sign hung on the door.

OPENS AT 6.00 - 21.00

"Oh damn it! We're late." I mutter at Tobias but Tobias hands me a gun.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask.

"We're breaking in," He pours out the bullets in the gun and splashes it into his pocket.

"But we're not going to kill the guards!" I whisper harshly.

"That's why our guns have not bullets." He whispers back. Nice.

I peak out the bin again and duck down again to remind Tobias, "Damn it. Those noses just blocked the whole pavement with layers of high steel." And yes, i just used the Erudite slang nose.