006. His book

I'm a bookworm and an extrovert at the same time; does that sound weird? No, most of the time, bookworms prefer to be alone with their books. That's why people used to define someone as an introvert whenever they saw them spending a lot of time reading books in a quiet place.

And reading is just my hobby, and it has become my comfort whenever I feel like the whole world is against me. I had a lot of secret admirers in our school, but only one person caught my whole attention at the same time. He caged my heart forever with his.

"Kate, pinabibigay nga pala ni Cali." My brows furrowed when James handed me a novel. I looked at him with confusion, but he just shrugged and gave me a teasing look. Most of my suitors are giving me books because they know I'll love them, but instead of being happy, I felt mad as if they thought I couldn't afford to buy one!

"Tell him that I won't accept this book. I had this copy already," I said as I handed him back the book.

The day passed, and every scenario repeated itself again and again. Cali didn't stop giving me novels, but after one week, someone had the strength to give me another book.

"Please, I won't accept that book. I have a lot of books in my library, so I guess I already have that copy," I said without looking at someone who handed me a paper bag. I just continued reading a novel in my newly bought book. My forehead creased when I noticed that he had been standing in front of me for about five minutes.

"What?" mataray na tanong ko ngunit mabilis akong natigilan ng makita ang kanyang mukha. My heart began to beat rapidly, and I felt like I'd been hypnotised by his dark almond eyes.

"I'm very sure you don't have this copy," he said while looking straight at me without blinking. Nanginginig na kinuha ko ang paper bag, and that gave me a reason to avoid his gaze. I slowly opened the paper bag, and there I saw a holy book (the Bible). I don't know, but I felt like my heart would begin to jump out of my ribcage, and all I could do was stare at his eyes, and I knew from this moment on that our romance had already begun.

Yes, I admit that you can easily get someone's attention when you hand them a novel, especially for those book lovers like me, but giving them the most precious books makes them feel special and loved.