011. 28 Days

The cold breeze of December embraces me as I step forward.

His eyes were looking at me intently, like I was the only one he was seeing.

"Did you miss me?" he asked softly as we inched closer.

Napapikit siya nang muling umihip ang hangin kasabay ng pagsayaw ng mga puno sa paligid, katulad ng mga sanga ay isinasayaw ng hangin ang kanyang pinong itim na buhok.

Tanging tunog lang ng malakas na hangin at ng mga tuyong dahon na aming naapakan ang ingay na maririning, except from our heart, which is beating rapidly inside our chest.

"Twenty-eight days na lang. Makakasama na kita." My voice cracked when his scent enveloped my whole being.

"And I can't wait for that to happen," he replied, smiling at me with his longing eyes. I closed my eyes to feel his presence. They say you should be kinder to yourself if the world isn't.

I count the days and sheep while looking at the white ceiling. Everyone is surrounding me and waiting for my last smile.

With the strength that was left to me, I smiled genuinely, and a tear fell from my eyes as I closed them. I could hear their cries, but all I want right now is to meet my man in paradise.

My grief is enough. I'm proud that I tried to fight this disease that almost killed my whole being. I'm proud to say that even though I'm now giving up, I still made it.

The world played and tricked us. We both want to live and be happy, but fate didn't give us a chance, and I lost him. I lost the man that I loved, and now I'm ready to be with him again.

After twenty-eight days, on the day of Christmas, I was able to see the man that I love again.