Chapter 9: A Rather Violent Thanksgiving pt. 2

'You're bluffing,' Klaus said in shock. 'Tell me you're bluffing.'

'Oh, you should all be thanking me. Rebekah's never been safer,' Aurora snapped. 'She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs and octopus and -' Klaus slammed his hands on the table, getting to his feet. Tristan grabbed a butter knife, aiming it at Freya's throat.

'Harm my sister, and I'll be forced to return the favour,' Tristan snarled. Elijah vamp sped up, grabbing Tristan and throwing him against the wall. I leaned back, and Lucien took a sip of his wine.

'Oh, this all escalated very quickly,' Lucien remarked.

'Shut up, Lucien, or I'll tear your tongue from your head,' Klaus snapped.

'Be careful with your threats, Nik. Anything should happen to me, I won't be able to protect your precious Cami.'

'Okay, that is the second time I've heard that name,' Aurora exclaimed. 'Just who is this Cami?'

'You have bigger problems,' Freya said, and suddenly snapped Aurora's neck.

'Freya!' I exclaimed loudly.

'Niklaus!' Elijah shouted, bringing Tristan over to the table and ungracefully throwing him into his chair. 'Which of these two vulgar parasites would you first like to torture?'

'I want to have first go at Tristan!' I smirked wickedly.

'Well, it's half a dozen of one and six of the other, isn't it?' Klaus asked. 'Why don't you take the stable boy?' he said, clasping Lucien's shoulders from behind. 'Tristan and I are long overdue a good catchup. Oh, if anything happens to Camille -'

'Oh, I'm quite certain Lucien's aware, devastating error.'

Later...

'Longitude and latitude,' Lucien remarked. 'Lovely.' After our separate interrogations, we all moved back to the table.

'Well, despite our differences, I believe great strides were made today.' He and Aurora clinked glasses.

'Tristan, I can't murder you this very moment, but I could just as easily tear those eyeballs out from your skull and feed them to your sister,' Elijah said calmly, but there was a hint of menace to it.

'Elijah,' Klaus growled. 'These are our guests.'

'Nik, it's so sweet of you to defend us,' Aurora said. Klaus stood.

'You know, I doubted my brother's wisdom in bringing us all together today, but he was right. We must confront the harsh realities we all face and make difficult choices... to ensure our collective survival...' We all raised our glasses, some a little more reluctantly than others. Then we drank deeply. Klaus put his glass down, and moved away from the table. 'And I have every confidence that my choice... will be the right one.' Suddenly, he vamp sped around to the other wide of the table, and snapped Tristan's neck without warning. Aurora gasped, knocking her chair back. 'Were you anyone else, the servants would already be mopping your blood from the floor,' Klaus snarled at her. 'If you do not bring my sister home, Tristan will die slowly and in tremendous pain.'

'You betray me after all these promises of love,' Aurora exclaimed.

'I meant to keep those promises! It was you who shattered them when you took Rebekah!' Klaus shouted back. He stepped up to her. 'I want Rebekah back.'

'You will regret this,' she hissed, and pulled the tablecloth, sending several plates to the ground, where they smashed into several pieces, and she stormed off in anger.

'After everything today, you just let her go?' Freya asked, turning to Klaus.

'Aurora should be easy enough to control,' Elijah replied. 'We have Tristan now.'

'Lucien,' Klaus said, reassuming his fearsome demeanour. 'You will take me to Camille, and you will surrender the medallion. Or you will meet an end so cruel, the devil will weep.'