Chapter 5: Haruka

"Ahhhhh!" Yukio screamed.

That monster...what the hell was it? It didn't even step on me like it did with Katsu. It freaking ate me! It also seemed to be focused on me.

"I have to kill that monster, I have to." Yukio said, his voice was trembling.

There's no way, I can't kill that thing! I want it to pay for what happened to everyone, but...I'm just not ready to fight something like that.

"Damn it, what should I do?" Yukio asked himself. "I've just been standing here doing nothing."

Should I just give up? No. I'm not gonna turn and run away, but I'll get killed if I go further in.

Yukio started pacing back and forth, he was lost in his own thoughts.

Maybe I could enter one of the barriers and help the girls? Who am I kidding, I'm too weak to help them. They're going up against the Elites, and I'll get killed by anything that's hostile.

"Even if I want to do something, it'll only get me killed." Yukio muttered to himself.

He sat down in the corner of the room, and curled himself into a ball. He wanted to get out of the building. He wanted to get away from the mission.

"Everything was just fine until that damn Haruka went and mind-controlled Hibari!" Yukio shouted.

Yukio sat there for a little while longer until the secret entrance suddenly opened. The rest of the Hanzo ninjas entered the building. Yukio panicked and stumbled to the nearest classroom.

I can't let the girls see me like this. After seeing how they'll die, I can't see them like this.

Yukio started tearing up, but he wiped them off.

"Damn it, me. It doesn't matter how many times I'll suffer, or restart. I have to make this a happy ending, I have to." Yukio tried to strengthen his resolve.

He opened the door, and went back to the entrance. He took a deep breath.

"Hey girls!" He shouted.

"Huh? Yukio?!" They exclaimed.

"You found the entrance before we did?!" Asuka, the brown haired Shinobi was in awe.

"How the hell did you find it? It took us a long time to get to the entrance, let alone find the way to open it." Katsuragi, the blonde haired Shinobi chuckled.

"Nice job, Yukio. Have you already scouted ahead for us?" Ikaruga, the black haired Shinobi was impressed.

"This is what you were doing after you ditched me? Whatever..." Yagyu, the white pigtailed Shinobi sighed.

"S-Sorry for leaving you like that, Yagyu." Yukio apologized.

I completely forgot I was supposed to find Hibari with her.

"Have you already checked the upper floors, Yukio?" Ikaruga asked.

"O-Oh, yeah. There's a cellar a few floors up, I think Hibari is being held there. There's also a room at the very top of the building, it gives off a 'boss room' vibe, so the scrolls could be there." Yukio explained.

I know I'm right about this, unless the space-time continuum stopped working.

"Alright. We will split up into the same teams as before, and try to stay as a team this time. Ok, Yukio?" Ikaruga said.

"Got it." Everyone said. They went into groups. Yukio and Yagyu went to the cellar, while Asuka, Katsuragi, and Ikaruga went to the top floor.

"Yukio? Are you ok, you seemed quite stressed." Yagyu asked.