part 2

As soon as I came inside, I ran upstairs to my room. I shut the door behind myself and flopped onto my bed. Something is wrong with me. I'm embarrassingly awkward.

Why am I like this??

- The next morning -

I woke up to dad calling my name from downstairs. I rubbed my eyes and groaned. Whatever it is, it can wait. I picked up my phone to check the time - 7am. Too early, even too early for work. I sat up and yawned, stretching my arms out and  then realised that there was actually an unfamiliar voice coming from downstairs. Dad and someone else. This unfamiliar voice actually did seem kind of familiar. I listened closely and eventually realised, it was Clay.

I could hear him and dad talking. I had
no idea what they were saying but I noticed that the voices stopped suddenly. Then I heard footsteps, coming up the stairs. No, no, no...

The door opened, and Clay came in.

I forgot to mention, I was only in a bra.

I sat there, stunned, not knowing what to do.

"Fuck, sorry." Clay said quickly, shutting the door.

That was embarassing as hell. Trying to think as quick as possible if something to say before he left, I just said, "Give me a second! Don't leave yet."

I stood up and walked over to my draws, grabbing the closest shirt - it was a shirt from cotton on, just plain white. I chucked it on, and then tied up my hair so it didn't look as scruffy, I slumped back down on my bed as I told him, "You can come in."

I watched as the door opened and he stepped in, his face red as a tomato.

"I'm so sorry." he exclaimed, closing the door behind himself.

"I-" I paused. "It doesn't matter. You're all goods."

"Phew." he breathed, sighing with relief. "Can I sit here?" he asked, gesturing towards a spot next to me. I nodded and he sat down.

As I turned to look at him, I noticed something that I didn't notice before.

He was so pretty.

His eyes were a gorgeous forest green, and were warm and friendly. He had barely visible freckles dotted around them, and sharp, defined eyebrows.

"If you don't mind me asking, how come you left so abruptly yesterday?" he said, breaking the weirdly awkward silence.

"I-" I didn't want to come across as rude, but he wouldn't care if I was honest, would he? "My social anxiety was really bothering me. It's nothing to do with you, not your fault or anything, but I didn't want to make it awkward for you."    

"You weren't making it awkward." he smiled. "At all."

"Oh, okay." I said.

We sat in silence for about a minute. I watched his veiny hands, as he fiddled with his fingers.

"You're a very nice stranger." I said, breaking the silence.

"You're nicer." Clay replied, standing up.

I just smiled, and sat there.