It's kinda funny... but not that fuuny

(originally written August 4, 2010, afternoon)

As i was admiring my reverse parking to a corner parking spot of the Super Cutters parking lot, a little slap on the back reminded me of this one story i feel must be shared with you (being that it involves an On Eagles' Wings kodak moment). One of which i am proud has thus far been only shared under my consent and permission (after reminded of the storytellers) without using my words, though the story is mainly all about me on a Montana reservation.

It was the Summer of Hope 2008, my second year gave me enough experience to know that i can trust my OEDubb (Phrased from 'On Eagles' Wings') team members in that they wouldn't dog too much on me in revealing my pale, pudgy chest and white stomach. In doing so, the sun was my main attention in hopes of just tanning while the rest who chose to swim did so couple of yards away.

The park held enormous similarity to my home, Idaho, and thus felt the same feeling of being there as i lay on the dried pine needled soft grass on the small peninsula. Being all alone, bare chested, i thought it best to pray for Brad & Sara. Their predicament with their soon to be son, Caleb, prevented their presence with the team; thus, my heart went out to them in this way that i chose to begin my prayer to them as my eyes closed.

Being the only person under those trees, i thought i was also the only living creature in that corner overlooking the majestic lake. Wanna know how wrong i was?

The eagle is majestic, is it not?

A model for the organization to name itself after it (hence 'On Eagles' Wings'); also, not to mention how significant it is in a spiritual sense to the common Native American of any coastal or plains tribe that knows it.

A very beautiful creature holding a design and lifestyle that pastors use in sermons to preach to congregations.

Lemme tell you, what an American bold eagle of pure majesty and nobility gave me that fateful day ought to be given to the birds!

With eyes closed, i hear a rather loud squirt from the tree above me (most likely the top branch).

oh, no.

Fetal position is my first instinct and reaction.

Too bad it wasn't rolling away!

Of all those trees the eagle chose to relieve itself, of all the places i chose to lie down, it had to be there so that the Almighty Father God could baptise me with the droppings of an eagle.

"Argh!" i scream, even though i knew it was coming. "C'mon!"

As i shook my fist at the eagle, it merely looked down at me as if to say, "Sorry, didn't see you down there." Then flew off, over the lake.

And it took another slap on the back from another 'mystierious' donor earlier today to remember this particular story of two years past.

Lucklily, this time, i was wearing two shirts!