1

Choi Corporate Law was a firm established in Calabasas, California. They have represented multiple public figures that have led them to their success. Its owner, Choi San, comes from a well known family and he inherited the business. During his doctorate he met his girlfriend, Mina Myoui, who was also studying to become a lawyer. After graduating they focused on building a name for themselves; since then, people recognize them as one of the most influential couples in the city.

- Today we have a meeting with one of our newest clients, he's coming in at 2:00pm. Do you think you can be here? - When it came to business Mina was a very serious person. Her parents raised her to be focused on her job and leave aside any distractions.

- I'll see what I can do. I have a lot of paperwork to do and I might have to leave early. I'm meeting with Mingi. - San was also a very hard working person. Throughout the years he put aside personal goals to dedicate his life to the law firm.

- Again? San, you're never home and when you are you're always late. - Mina was frustrated about the situation. In the past few months San had been acting cold towards her and avoided any conversations about it.

- Yes Mina, again. He's my client, what do you want me to do? - San didn't bother looking at her while he gathered his things.

- And he's also your best friend! Do you really expect me to believe the two of you only meet for business? - Mina walked to him.

- Mina I am not trying to have an argument with you, not again. I'm just going to leave, call me if you need me. - He was about to leave when she got in his way and kissed him.

San loved Mina, he had since their first group project in college. Mina was a quiet woman and San felt attracted to her simplicity. Throughout the years they had been there for each other and accomplished many things as a couple. Unfortunately, their jobs and the routine got in between them and things were cold. Mina was barely in California because she represented international clients and San was never home to escape the pressure Mina made him feel. Love wasn't enough to save their relationships.

San kissed Mina back and left. Whenever he felt stressed he went to see his best friend, Mingi. They were childhood friends and Mingi knew how San had been struggling for months with his relationship.

San arrived at the nightclub Mingi owned. His husband, Yunho, helped him buy it and it was doing great. The relationship between Yunho and Mingi was the one he always aspired to have; they were married but also business partners and it didn't affect their time together.

- You're here early. Did you close the office? - Mingi was waiting for San at the front door.

- No, Mina stayed there. We have some clients coming over but I needed to get out of there. -

- Is everything okay? - Mingi felt the stress on his voice as they walked inside.

- Pour me a drink. That should answer your question. - San took off his suit and sat on the couch.

Mingi quickly got behind the bar and made him a drink, extra liquor for the occasion. He got back to him and handed the drink. - Do you want to talk about it? -

- I'm just tired Mingi. These days everything is work, we hardly get time to do different things and when we do, she decides to bring work up. - San felt that Mina was slowly becoming a business partner, while he was losing his girlfriend.

- Have you tried talking to her about it? -

- And then what? Piss her off and make her dad stop investing in my business? I can't afford that. - As a graduation gift, San inherited his father's law firm and Mina helped him run it. When Mina's father found out he helped investing in their business with the single condition that they didn't break up.

- I know this is hard on you but you can't stress over this every single day. You know what? I'm having a party tonight with a DJ and all the good stuff. Why don't you drop by? -

- I'll see what I can do. I have a business meeting tomorrow morning and if I don't make it, Mina will lose it. - San was getting ready to go.

- I'll tell Yunho to pick you up. Be ready by 9:00pm. -

San could use a night away from home. His profession made his change his personality, making him forget the things he actually enjoyed: good music, good company and good sex.