"If You Can't Allow Yourself, I Will."

"Merlin, it worked! You saved Lady (Y/N) from certain death."

An old voice called out, yet a familiar one. Before you could even open your eyes, you felt a strong pain shooting through your chest. You heared footsteps around you, then the familiar voice spoke again.

"I think she's waking up. Inform Arthur."

A few moments later, you heard one of the knights call out your name. Not just any knight, but the one that you adored oh so much; Leon.

"Where is she? How is she doing?"
With loud and quick steps the man charged into the room together with Merlin, then towards you, kneeling down next to the bed you layed on.

His eyes were filled with sorrow, his heart was heavy as a stone.
"(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're alive! Forgive me for not being able to protect you... "

Leon caressed one of your cheeks, kissing your forehead. You blinked a few times before opening your eyes normally.

The blurred sight of your beloved knight was enough to collect some strength to hold your hand out to him. Sir Leon reached out and held your hand, telling you to stay calm.

"How did you even heal her? She was as good as dead!"

Again, the man brought his face closer to you. With his help you sat up straight on the bed, Leon sat down next to you and pulled you against his chest.

The warm embrace made you smile. "She will fully recover from her state, there's nothing to worry about."

Leon gently pressed your head against his chest, closing his eyes for a while to fully appreciate your well-being.

"Well, the magic of a right diagnosis and treatment." Merlin said, winking at Gaius.

"it's truly magical that she's still with us. After what Morgana did to her... I'll find this witch and cut her head off myself."

You looked up to Leon with a smile. "I guess you're much more in need of some medicine than I am."

The pain slowly faded more and more. On top of that, it truly distracted you just to see Leon close to you, holding you against him.

"I thought I had lost you..." Leons eyes were wet, as if he has about to cry. Never before had you seen him in this state. He was shaking the slightest bit, so you held his hand gently.

"You will never loose me, Leon. That, I promise to you."

Both of you lost yourselves in each other's eyes before the silence got broken by Gaius, clearing his throat, seeking attention from you and the knight.
You turned to Gaius, only now remembering that you weren't alone.

"It seems my work here is done. Lady (Y/N) is free to leave now. I'm going to come around for a check later tonight. Although..." The doctor looked at Merlin, who had a wide grin on his face, seeing the two of you so close to each other.
"Just in case, anything occurs, it would be of great help if someone would accompany Lady (Y/N) for a few days. Someone... strong. Just in case she might feel weak and fall."
Merlin's grin got even wider.

"I'm sure Arthur would be willing to give Leon a few days off for that. I'm going to talk to him" Merlin chimed in.

You looked at Leon, who also turned his face back to you. "That would be the least I could do."

"I'm sure (Y/N) is still a bit weak on her feet, it would be great if someone could carry her to her room."

"Merlin, I feel fine, don't wo-"
"I insist, for your own safety."

From his face you could tell that he was wanting to get his will through.
Then you understood.

"Ah, yes. Of course."
Leon gently squeezed your hand a bit, then turned to Merlin and Gaius.
"I'll take on that, she will be safe with me."