Banquet (Tumblr Request)

It's almost been an hour that you had spent sitting in front of your mirror, checking every detail about you.
Was the makeup too much?
Was the hairstyle?

You opened your hair again, stuck it up into a loose bun, opening it again. In distress you sighed, before a knock on the door ripped you from your thoughts.
With small steps, your maid entered, bowed quickly and stared at you through the mirror with a bright smile.

"My lady, you look absolutely gorgeous" her voice was almost a whisper.
"Really? You think I should add more lipstick? Am I wearing too much perfume? I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with my hair..."

She giggled, then came another step closer. With a few skilled hand movements the maid helped to put your necklace on.

"Not at all, my lady. You'll be the talk of the town after today's banquet. I ensure you, everything is perfectly in place."

As you got up from your chair, you turned to her with a wide, excited smile. "You're so sweet, dear."

Once more you checked yourself in the mirror, from every angle.
Internally bursting by excitement, you caught expression in the mirror.
"God, I look like a douchebag with that smile..."

"Of course not, lady (Y/N). You have every reason to shine that bright."

The maid checked your back, looking for imperfections, but there were none. "My lady, I'm certain people are waiting for you. Is he going to pick you up or-"

She didn't even get to finish her sentence before someone knocked on the door again.
"Speak of the devil" you mumbled, your smile not ceasing one bit.

"Lady (Y/N), may I enter?"
Your maid quickly bowed once more, wished you a wonderful night and disappeared through the back door of your room.

Just the sound of Sir Leon's voice brought goosebumps to your skin, all over your body. With your heart nearly jumping out of your chest you cleared your throat silently.

"Of course, come in."
The tall knight didn't waste one second and opened the door, yet all of his actions stopped when he saw you.
His lips parted while he mustered you from head to toe, before he blinked a few times. Your eyes looked into his for a brief moment.

"You look wonderful, my lady." One of his hands reached out for yours, and once he got a hold of it, he placed a gentle kiss on top of it.

You took a deep breath, feeling the heat rush to your cheeks.
"Thank you, Sir Leon", you giggled silently, "as do you."

The man looked down at himself and huffed.
"I'm just wearing my armor, as usually."

You observed his shoulder plates, his chainmail and cloak.
"But you wear it with so much pride. I couldn't think of anyone else who looks more stunning than you in that armor, sir."

With a shy smile, his eyes drifted away for a moment. "I'm flattered, my lady." Leon held his arm out for you to support yourself. "We wouldn't want to keep the king waiting, would we now?"

A simple headshake from you followed before you thankfully took the offer and let him guide you towards the throne room.

Last time you had seen this room, the decorations had just begun. Now, the entire hall was decked with flowers and colorful bouquets, ribbons and garlands.

The Pendragon flags hung from the ceiling, multiple giant chandeliers were lit. Along the walls stood tables with small but delicious appetizers, jugs of wine and deserts.

In between all the people you caught sight of your maid standing next to Merlin. She pointed at you discretely, whispered something to him with a big smile and his face simply copied his expression.