Chapter 2 - Clashing Destiny

??? BC:                                       1ST POV

     My eyes fluttered open as I lay on the ground recalling the forgotten memories while watching the 'snow' dance around with the wind. An Earth term I remember when stumbling upon a couple of humans. Somehow, after reliving through my past memories I've lost consciousness. Though, I don't recall walking back to this side of the planet.

I stayed where I am for a while, not knowing what to do. I escaped to this abandoned Homeworld Colony, with an accessible warp pad that could potentially lead me to stars know where! And yet... I'm sitting here on this planet, with no intention of leaving any time soon.

I need to do something.

But... I don't feel any motivation to do anything.

So instead, I spent an enormous time crying and mourning. Blaming myself for being utterly useless. Yellow would be with me right now if I could've done something first, I thought. I raised my arms and looked deep into them. My memories flashing back to my first form then back to my current form. I grew much bigger last I remember, though I didn't felt like looking for those answers right now. For the first time, I've lost all hope, and now it feels like I've lost everything. I let my arm fall back down on my side as I continued watching the snow fall while gradually feeling and growing numb.

I think I'm just gonna just... lay here for a while..

.
.
.

3RD POV

     "Peaarl! Garnet says you're going on another mission soon!" A young and optimistic boy named Steven was bouncing in excitement as he hurriedly ran towards Pearl, "can I come? Pleaasee!"

"Steven, no," Pear crossed her arms with a frown. "This mission is too dangerous and you still have a lot to learn about your powers."

"Awww! But Pearlll!" Steven whined loudly, he showed his iconic puppy dog eyes, "it's been soo long since the last time I went on a mission with you guys!"

Pearl grumbled, "it's only been 2 days." She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed softly. She secretly glanced towards the portrait of Rose Quartz, hanging right above the entrance to the house.
     Suddenly, the warp pad lit up. The light dispersed, revealing Garnet with her typical monotone expression and a hand on her hip.

"Garnet! What a surprise! I didn't expect you to arrive so soo—"

"—come get Amethyst, we're leaving for the next mission immediately." Garnet interrupted, she walked towards the kitchen counter and leaned her body by the wooden column.

"Already?" Pearl gasped, internally cursing at Garnet to get Amethyst.

"There's no time, hurry and go get Amethyst and we'll be on our way," Garnet replied back. Pearl nodded and reluctantly went to fetch Amethyst from her room.

"Woah! Garnet!" Steven bolted towards Garnet, he put his hands on one of her legs as he looked up at her with pleading eyes, "can I go with you guys? Please Garnet?"

Garnet hummed and cracked a small smile, "this mission is a little intense for you, Steven. We're going to retrieve a corrupted gem that's been bothering some humans near an active volcano." She adjusted her visors, a light reflected off of them as Steven visibly deflated.

"Aww man.."

The door behind the warp pad opens, splotches of purple curved at opposite corners as it reached down the middle. Eventually opening to Amethyst's room, "ugghhh! But I just went to sleep!" Amethyst can be heard complaining.