The Birth of Painite

300 BC:

"We've concocted a proposal ideally to colonize a planet within the Magellanic Cloud—specifically the large one—to excavate its organic sources," a voice echoed within the vicinity of Yellow Diamond's work station. "It's resources are.. dwindling. But! I had an idea that perhaps with its limited supply only found within the parameter-"

"-Get to the point, Agate," Yellow Diamond responded irritatingly. "I don't have time for idle chatter."

Yellow Agate flinched, her original diamond salute faltered due to the threatening aura emitting from her diamond, "right away, my diamond! The point is... its resources are so unique that it's difficult to find in any other planets. So rare, in fact, we could make up an entirely new gem type!" Agate smiled in delight, the thought of a new gem from limited and rare resources sparked her interest.

Yellow Diamond turned her attention away from the screen and glanced down at the Yellow Agate. She hummed in thought, and for a moment Yellow Agate thought her idea was slowly going down into the waste.

"... I'll allow it." Yellow Diamond submitted before putting her attention on the screen once more. A requested call from Pink Diamond had appeared, blinking in alert. "Ugh, if that's all you must say then I'll assign a few injectors to your superior. Inform me when it emerges. That is all."

Yellow Agate nodded, saluting once more, "yes my diamond." As she turned away and exited from Yellow Diamond's room, she heaved out a shaky sigh as she leaned on a pillar for support. She regained her composure and quickly strutted to inform her superior of the great news.

.
.
.

1000 AD:

"This is the umpteenth time! If you cannot complete this one simple task then you have no choice but to abandon your mission!" Yellow Diamond was agitated, she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I have enough going on, we're in the middle of a war and your incompetence is only delaying us."

"My diamond, I understand your frustration, but this gem may be the key to destroying those Rebels. I may have failed countless of times, but I am so close to being successful! Just give me on more chance, my diamond! That's all I ask of you." Yellow Agate pleaded. Her face a darker shade of yellow from the insults thrown at her.

Yellow Diamond grumbled, "you have one more chance. Fail me once more and I'll personally strip you of your rank. We cannot afford anymore mistakes."

"Thank you, my Diamond," Yellow Agate cried out in relief as she hurriedly left once more.

1090 AD:

Along the way back to tell Yellow Diamond the news, a rogue gem had infiltrated the spaceship.

"Homeworld will fall to the rebellion!" They cried out. Summoning two battle axes, they let out a ferocious battle cry and poofed every single gem.
Screams were heard throughout the ship until all was quiet.

.
.
.

489