Thanksgiving Holiday (au)

3RD POV

A pair of hands gently laid down a decorated ceramic plate on the table in its designated doily, along with an array of seemingly perfect display of a dinner table being prepped. Rows of platters perfectly aligned without a plate crooked from one another. Empty, yet shiny, wine glasses twinkled from the ceiling light as the table— tarp by a silky white cloth —was decorated with white doilies and several maroon serviette.

Pearl admired her decoration with a satisfying hum before turning back towards the kitchen to prepare for tonight. Though the idea of eating food left her a bitter taste, it wouldn't hurt to make Steven happy as this tradition was an annual celebration after all.
Pearl sighed as she mentally prepared herself for the foreseeable consequences in the near future. Just as she was about to open the oven to check on the turkey, she heard an obnoxious laughter from Steven's bed with the following sounds of background vintage game sound effects.

Naturally, Pearl got annoyed immediately. "Amethyst, instead of playing that.. game you could— perhaps —watch over Steven?"

Steven turned 12 recently, and had just began to move in with the Crystal Gems, and was out playing on the beach with his dad.

"Pshh," Amethyst rolled her eyes. "Isn't he hanging out with Greg or something?"

"Yesss," Pearl replied with gnawing anger.

"Nahh I'm good."

Amethyst continued playing street fighters without pausing. Pearl rolled her eyes, hands placed on her hips firmly as she frowned deeply.

"Then the least you could do is help pour some drinks. Obviously I can't trust you to watch over the turkey—"

Suddenly, the warp pad lit up. And Garnet was seen appearing to be mildly panicked. Some could tell based off how her hands are furled into a tight fist.

"—Pearl!"

Without question nor hesitation, Pearl leaped to the warp pad. She gasped quietly when she realized a grave mistake: the turkey.

"Wait Garnet! Who's going to look after the food in the oven?" Pearl glanced over at Garnet in panic.

Garnet paused for a moment before turning her head towards Amethyst, "Amethyst. You're in charge of looking after the turkey in the oven. Don't let it catch on fire."

"Huh?" A muffled voice from Steven's bed was heard as Amethyst struggled to get up from her position, "what's happening?"

"Amethyst, watch the food and don't let it go bad!"

"..okay, sure whatever."

Digital 80s sound effects were heard from Steven's tv and the sound of aggravated button mashing.

.
.
.

"When are the girls coming over again?" Greg scratched his head in mild confusion.

Steven glanced at his father before fidgeting the strings of his ukelele, "oh! Umm.. I think they said they'll be here around noon-ish."

Greg looked at him quizzically but shrugged it off. For a while, Steven and Greg listened to 70s music from Greg's vinyl record as they made idle chatter for the what to come in the near future.