Part 3

PART   3

Contd. from part 2. Tejo comes back after she is not able to meet Fateh . Now the story continues...

Tejo's residence 8:15 pm

Tejo's mother saw her coming. She looked very upset and exhausted. She quietly moved to her room and lied down. Her mom came to her with a glass of orange juice, kept it on table and sat close to her. She just kept her hand lovingly on her head.

Mom: "Tejo I'm really sorry for yesterday. What's wrong with you? You don't look ok. Beta hum tumhe force nahi kar rahe hai.  We just want that atleast tum uske saath kuch time spend karo and then decide for yourself. Your decision would be our final decision. I promise you that. We won't even ask you the reason for denial, if that's your decision. Phir bhi agar tum use ek mauka bhi nahi dena chahti to tumhari marzi. But bacha, please cheer up. I can't see you like this, so disturbed. Aise to tumhari tabiyat kharaab ho jaayegi."

 Tejo hugged her mom and started crying. Her mom lovingly consoled her for some time and she placed her head in her lap. Tejo was feeling upset and angry at the same time because of Fateh's behaviour this time.   

Tejo: "mumma I'm ready to meet him. But please aap apna promise yaad rakhna." She thought that meeting his school friend is not too much ask from her. She would atleast get some time to think. Straightforward denial would look very rude, after all Angad's parents are her family friends.

Satti: "of course beta. I appreciate this. Would you like to come for a 2 day holiday with Angad's family so that you get some time with him? You will also get some change from your usual schedule."

Tejo:" ok mom."

Tejo kept on thinking Fateh's  insensitive behaviour today. How could he do this? He was always very understanding and had helped her out of such situations many times before. What happened to him this time? May be he doesn't care for me now, she thought.  She called up Ashwin sir and took 2 days leave. She did not tell him the reason for taking leave. She just told him that she needs these leaves and she sounded quite disturbed. He agreed to her leaves as she was usually a very disciplined officer not taking too many leaves and also he had seen her very upset in office today.

Fateh was also blaming himself for his casual behaviour today. How hurt she looked. Ab phone bhi switch off kiya hua hai. How do I contact her now? Shall I go to her house? No thank won't look nice. I'll talk to her and apologise right in the morning tomorrow in office, he thought for himself.

Next day in office, Fateh came to know that Tejo was on 2 days leave. Fateh didn't expect this. He became worried for Tejo; whether she was alright? She is normally not a person who easily takes leaves. He tried to contact her but her phone was still switched off. He kept on regretting his behaviour yesterday as he realised that this time it was not some usual proposal for her. It was something very serious. Angad is her childhood friend and his parents are her family friends. What if she is not able to refuse the proposal this time? On the top of it, he behaved in this awkward manner with her. Tejo really needed his support, she was so upset and he had betrayed her trust in him this time. He became really tensed and he banged his fist on the table. Abhi and Buzzo saw this and wondered about the reason for his reaction. He could not concentrate in his work in office and decided to go to Tejo's residence in the evening. He had to meet her to make sure that she is fine or not.

Fateh was preoccupied in Tejo's thoughts and her wellbeing when the door of his cabin opened and he suddenly said "Tejo..." but it was Bhuvan who had come to call him for lunch.

Buzzo: "Fateh Tejo yahan nahi hai. Wo chhutti par hai. Tum ab bhi uske baare me soch rahe ho. What happened? Are you alright? "

Fateh: "ya I'm ok. I forgot that she is not here. You please carry on with lunch. I don't feel like having anything." Buzzo left after Fateh insistence.