Chapter Thirty-Five[The Finale]

The tyrant's eyes gawked with horror.

How did this even happen? How did the Guardian get out of the wall?

Amicus ran outside and untied Luke's ropes, who was also comprehending the events that were occurring.

"Grab the crown." Ambissia told Luke as she got up. As her sword changed into a dagger, she placed it against the tyrant's throat and grabbed his collar.

Luke got up swiftly and grabbed the crown.

"I love the way you grab my collar, Ambissia." Tyranno spoke lustfully.

"Keep your mouth shut." She said dangerously.

The crown glimmered in Luke's hand.

"I thought you were joking when you said you are the heir. How are you still alive? Ambissia killed you the day you were born."

"He never died." Ambissia said, as she pulled his hands behind his back.

"Luke, wear the crown." Ambissia said.

"Ambissia, but I..."

"Luke, just wear it. Allow us to do magic."

Luke did. The crown felt like a weight on his head. He had never worn a crown before. All of a sudden, he felt a surge of cool power enter his body.

He thought about the people who should use the magic for now. Ambissia, Amicus, Quillon and Tacita.

Ambissia conjured ropes around the tyrant's wrists, ankles and his waist. A loud thud was heard as she dropped him on the ground. The tyrant hissed and tried to sit up, but could not.

"Why are you being so harsh on me, Ambissia?" The tyrant lamented.

"This is just the beginning, Tyranno. The things that you have done to us and the kingdom can neither be forgotten, not forgiven. Your punishment is going to begin. You have the fruits of the labor that you have put in."

Ambissia stopped and addressed Quillon.

"Tell the guards to throw him, his knight, and his masked girl in the cell where he had kept all of us."

"Masked girl? How do you know of her presence?"

"You sent her to get me for you in the morning."

"No. I did not. That..."

The guards dragged him away.

"Ambissia! I can give you so much more that your filthy Amare. I was going to make you my queen, unlike him. Ambissia!"

"She has always been my queen. You do not have to tell me how to rule my kingdom." Sebastian said as he entered the room, along with Adela and Dacia. The guards bowed down to him.

Luke looked at him curiously. His father had deep blue eyes, which resembled the early night sky. He the same height as him, and lean. He had his arms locked behind him, as he took strides like that of a royal. His face was marred by scars of all sorts. His eyes held the command and would demand attention when needed.

His mother, Adela, was a little shorter that him. She was slightly petite, her round face with dimples on them. She would look incredibly loving when she smiled, but currently her lips were sealed into a thin line of anger.

His eyes turned to see Dacia. He marveled at the resemblance that Ambissia shared with her- the same eyes, the same hair and the same physique. But her body was marked with scars of all varieties.

Sebastian's eyes fell on him. Luke realized that he still had the crown on his head. He took it off and held it carefully, as if it would break if he applied too much pressure to it.

Sebastian walked towards him. Luke was at a loss of words. What should he say to his parents?

"I...umm... here is your crown, Sir, no father, dad. I... I am sorry."

Sebastian's eyes filled up and he drew his son into a hug.

Why is this so awkward? Luke thought to himself. He is my father. Why am I so confused with everything?

Luke noticed how the man was rubbing the back of his head gently. The man had started to sob on his shoulder.

"I thought I will never see you again." He heard his father's muffled sound through his sobs.

He had nothing to say. What do you say to your parents when you see them for the first time?

He saw the purple-haired woman walking towards them, her eyes filling up.

"He is my son, Ambissia?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Oh! Luke!" Adela said as she walked towards him and crying in his arms.

His mother grabbed his face with so much affection, that it seemed to hurt Luke's face. She pulled him down to her height and kissed his forehead wet.

Is this how everything was supposed to be like?

"...the girl has the brown hair, with streaks of blue through them. She has Tyranno's mark on the back of her neck. Her name is Julia. She is always seen in a fancy black mask covering the entire face. Get her. Interrogate the tyrant if you do not find her."

Luke remembered seeing her in the hallway.

"Ambissia! She was near the dungeons. I saw her over there."

Ambissia heard him and told the same to the guards.

"You have turned out to be so wise. You truly care about this kingdom. My lovely son." Adela kissed him once more.

"I am happy to see you both here." Luke said with a smile. "I think you should know wear your crown, father."

"I would love it if you place it on my head." Sebastian said.

"I think Ambissia should do the favors."

"No, Luke, you do it."

"Ambissia, you have trained me, raised me and brought me to this point in my life. You have done a lot for Potentia. Way more than I ever have. Please, crown him."

Ambissia took the crown and placed it on her Amare's head. There was so much contentment in her eyes, as she him with his crown over his head. This was her king. This was her home.

This is where she would be for the rest of the time.

As she stepped back, her, along with everyone, bowed down to the old and new King, whose eyes glistened with peace and happiness.