Chapter Fifteen

Hello there! I thank you so much for reading this book so far.

Enjoy❤

Amicus and Luke were sitting on the table, laughing about something.

"Do you remember when Ambissia was teaching you to ride a horse and you fell down from it?" Luke said, laughing at Amicus.

"Yes, mate, I do. Oh Lord! That day was miserable." Amicus said, a wide smile forming on his lips.

The last whole week had been full of events for Luke. First, he moved to Balthazar's place, then his tantrums drama.  In the last five days, things had calmed down a bit. Especially Amicus. He was now joking around with Luke and having fun with him. Yesterday they when to the local stables of the town, were they were taught by Ambissia how to ride a horse. Luke thoroughly enjoyed horse-riding, while Amicus absolutely disgusted it.

Three days ago, after loads of loads of loads of loads of attempts made by Luke, Amicus finally accepted his apology. Luke was now glad that Amicus will now not leave him. These thoughts made Luke think about his conclusions and realized something else.

He never deserved Amicus's friendship.  Throughout his whole life, Amicus had done everything for him, be it be telling Ambissia that Luke had memorized his lessons (even though he hadn't) to saving him from the wild snakes in the forest when they used to play there. Luke couldn't think of a single moment where Amicus had not done anything for him.

"Luke!" Amicus said, shaking Luke's shoulders.

He saw his friend tense up and his smile vanish. He was thinking about something painful, Amicus could make out. What was he thinking about?

"Huh?" Luke replied, looking at his hazel eyes. "I am sorry. Were you saying something, Amicus?"

"Luke, what were you thinking about? You look tense and worried. What is wrong?"

"Nothing, Amicus. It is really nothing."

"No! Something is wrong with you, mate." Amicus said in his deep concerned voice. He kept his hand on Luke's shoulder, pressing it slightly.

"Maybe you shouldn't call me mate."

"Why?"

"Because I do not deserve your company, Amicus. You are such a good person. You have done everything for me, everything. You lied to Ambissia when I didn't learn my lessons. You did my work, which Ambissia assigned to both of us. You saved my life, when I was about to be bitten by one of those snakes which live in the forest. You backed me up in everything which I did. In return what did I give?"

Luke's voice cracked a bit.

"I left your father alone in the forest. I disrespected him. I disrespected Ambissia. You were right when you said that I only care about myself. I do, because I couldn't see what good things you, Balthazar and Ambissia did for me, unconditionally. I only wanted to know about my parents. I don't know why I am so desperate to know about them. I haven't even seen them for once, Amicus! Then why? They are also dead. Then, why do I care so much about them, that I forgot what you, Ambissia and Balthazar did for me my entire life?"