X-mas with Alucard

My first Christmas at the Hellsing Organization was an unforgettable one. It all began at the day before Christmas. While Walter prepared the food, Pip, Seras and I decorated the main hall. A large Christmas tree was taken care of by the wild geese. The only one that didn't lift a finger...was the vampire in red. He sat on the table, watching us to our thing. This annoyed me after a while, "Can't you do something as well?"

"I do. I am watching."

"Do something a lot more productive!"

He crossed one leg over the other, "Done."

"You lazy son-of-a-b..."

"N/A, no language naming on Christmas" interrupted me Pip. Explaining to the captain of why I was annoyed, he just told me not to bother. I got furious now, "Just because you are afraid of him, doesn't mean he can just sit around and do nothing!" No one dares to pick a fight with the No-life-king. All except me "Get off your backside and start working!"

"And what if I don't?"

"Then you won't be joining us" said his master from the door. His master was the only one he would listen to. With a light growl, he got up, but not as I expected. I helped out with the trees, but without a ladder it won't work out. I searched everywhere, till my eyes spotted the vampire. "You, help me up." I didn't have to tell him how, as his hands went under my arms and lifted me up high. With is height, it was easy to do my job. But to make sure that he had something to do as well, I demanded a different position. He frowned as I sat on his shoulders now, while he had to decorate the lower part of the tree.

"This is humiliating."

I chuckled at his complaining, "Well there isn't much to humiliate."

"Keep up this sharp tongue of yours and we might get a problem." He didn't say that for nothing. After another comment, the count almost dropped me on purpose. Next we had to help Walter in the kitchen, which Alucard followed me like a faithful dog. There, Walter told me to cut some vegetables and the vampire to clean the wine glasses. Since he also loves to drink, it was a good task for him. Leaning against the counter, he watched me do my job, "having fun?"

"Not as much as you do."

"Cut them a little thinner"

If there is one thing I hate, is to get ordered around by him. Not paying attention to the knife I yelled at him to stuff it. As expected, my finger was the next thing to get cut. "You are bleeding" said Alucard, out f the blue. Not looking I rolled my eyes, "As if!" once I turned my eyes back to the vegetable, I panicked, "Shit I am bleeding!" The no life king grabbed my hand in an instant, licking it clean. Still panicking, I tried to pull back from him, "Ewww, stop that, it is disgusting!" he on the other hand, ignored my kicking and slaps, enjoying the red fluid running down his throat. If it wasn't for Walter, he might have gone further to suck me dry. Because of this, Integra gave him something else to do. I didn't see him till the next day.

On Christmas, Walter did his last finish on the food.

The rest of the staff was already in the main hall. While the atmosphere was clouded by classical Christmas songs, we all sat at the table and talked. Unfortunately, no one dared to sit next to the vampire. I had no choice but to take the seat beside him, since there was none other left. Seras took the other side of her master, not feeling well either. Once Walter joined us, we began to eat. Alucard and Seras had a glass of fresh blood as meals. It wasn't as bad as I thought, until his gloved hand was placed on my thigh. I gave him a deadly glare. Not feeling affected by my threatening eyes, he began to massage it. Without a warning, I took my fork and slammed it on to his hand. But Alucard was fast. The moment my fork reached his glove, he removed it. It took a lot of self-control not to scream out in pain. The vampire grinned satisfied. After the pain was gone, I dropped the fork to the floor.

No one sees the problem, as I crawled under the table. I grabbed the vampires hand and rammed the fork onto it. Instead of a scream, he chuckled lightly. I tried it another time, by biting him. No affect. This really got on my nerves. Back in my seat, I moved my chair a little further away and denied any eye contact to the count.

Later on was the time to open the presents. Integra got her famous cigars, Walter a pocket watch, Seras a book and the soldiers...alcohol. I wasn't planned for this Christmas day, so I didn't get anything. But neither did Alucard. He didn't seem to mind it though, smiling wide. Walter was curious as of why he was smiling, "You didn't get anything, so why the happy face?" "You see Walter, I got my present yesterday and I get another tonight."

In the meantime, I got really tired, trying to stay alert around this monster. It only ended with me on his lap, sleeping peacefully. I don't even know how I got there in the first place. But then, the nightmare started, waking up on the armchair alone. No one was in sight and the mansion was awfully silent. Looking around, I only see one thing that I couldn't recognize. A creature with horns and a black sack came towards me. By the sound of this thing, growling like an animal, I ran out the door. Scared of what it was, I yelled around for help. Not one answer came back. This thing came closer. After a few turns here and there, I had hoped to get rid of it. Turning around the corner, I got caught by its black sack. I screamed out, fearing for my life.

It turned out, that it was Alucard, using his transformation powers. He changed into the 'Krampus', pretending to punish me for my bad behavior. I growled at him in response, "Who was bad behaving here...you been nothing but trouble!" "No bad girl gets a present" "neither does a slacker like you!"

However, he got his present after all. I was his little teddy bear for the entire night, while I could complain as much as I wanted.

One thing was for sure...I don't want another Christmas with him involved.