Prologue

My name is Nicki. I live in LA with my dad and brother. My mum passed away 2 years ago, so life has been really tough lately. I didn't really have a great connection with my mum, as me and my dad are mostly alike. We both like to binge watch movies and TV programmes, play video games, and we are both huge fans of Marvel. Yeah, we are pretty much geeks, but I don't care what other people think. My older brother, Sam, is pretty much the opposite of me. He is a really social guy, who always goes out to parties and he is really popular. I'm always known as 'Sam's sister' or 'that girl who Sam knows'. I mean COME ON!! I am not just Sam's sister.

Anyway, time to talk about my friends. I only really have 2 friends at the moment. They are James and Katie. Katie has been my best friend since kindergarten, and I've known James since I was born. His mum and my mum were best friends, so I guess they brought us together. When I was in 5th grade, I did go out with James, but It didn't last long as I preferred us being friends, and he found out he was gay, so I guess that complicated things in the relationship.

I'm not going to see them anymore though. I'm going to New York to go to college, and hopefully get a degree in something. I didn't even want to go to college as I would have to meet new people, and I'm not really comfortable with that, but my dad is forcing me to go. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with the college experience for 1 year, and then I can finally drop out! Its only a year... What's the worst that can happen?