Therapy?

Chisa's POV

'Chisa...'

I snuggled deeper into my bed, relishing in the warmth of my blanket. I was having such a beautiful dream too. I want to sleep more.

'Come on, Chisa! Rise and shine!'

"Eris..." I whined, cracking my eye open. I jolted when I realised she was mere inches from my face.

"Eris! Don't do that!" I cried, clutching my pounding chest.

She giggled, a mischievous smile graced her lips. 'You love me really.'

I rolled my eyes at her antics. Taking a deep breath, I sat up and stretched, popping a few joints. The harsh cracks are so satisfying. I'm back to reality; I'm in my bedroom in Chise and Elias' home. I look around the room, still not used to seeing normal objects like the small desk and chair, the polished wooden wardrobe, even the bed with the fluffy blue blankets. It's all just hard to get used to.

It's been a few weeks since I completed the Pact with Joseph. And a lot has happened. It's been... challenging to take it all in. I think I'm coping well.

I feel fine.
I am fine.

I'm adjusting as fast as I can. Chise said I didn't have to push myself, but there's no point dwelling on the past. I just want to move on. You know, do my best and look to the future. Besides, mulling over my prob- over what happened won't change anything. But if I believe I'm fine and I'm coping, then I am. No need to bring the mood down. No need to make others worry about me. They have their own lives to live. Thanks to them I can live now, too.

I'm still learning how to do Magic; after a few days of begging, Chise allowed me to start practicing again. I haven't found a type that I am particularly good at yet... Lindel believes my ability as an Oracle is my Magus gift. But I hope it isn't... after all the trouble it caused me, I won't be sad if I don't Flash ever again.

Chise and I spend time together everyday, just doing sister things. We talk, knit, style each other's hair and we did bake once... but poor Silky... I think she thought a bomb hit the kitchen. We did apologise profusely - but we haven't tried that activity since.

Oh! When Chise and I are bonding, Eris comes too.

Ah, you need some context.

The night Joseph and I 'merged', and I reconciled with Chise, when I went to bed... she came back.

Eris came back.

Eris... she's like my guardian angel.
Surprised? Yeah, she isn't a tormentor. At least, not to me.
...
Okay, so I was afraid when she suddenly appeared. In all honesty, I had forgotten about her. I barely recognised her voice - I had not seen her in months.

When I was in the care system, she was the closest thing I had to a friend - she was my friend. I had no one but her. She kept me company for all those years I spent alone. We did everything together, I could always rely on her.

She found me in my darkest time. I was 11 years old and already contemplating suicide. I was just staring at my reflection in the mirror. All I could see was the flaws. The dark shadows under my lifeless eyes, my pale skin marred with cuts and bruises; some self inflicted and some from the dark, slimy creatures that stalked me day and night. I had given up - I knew it myself when I looked in the small, dirty mirror in my dingy room. Yet even in that moment, I despised myself for feeling depressed. I knew so many others had it worse than me. There were children who didn't have a home, children who were being abused, children suffering and being killed. I was fortunate. I didn't have the right to feel sorry for myself. I didn't have the right.